This is my first post on this forum, a member from CastBoolits suggested that I post here with a project that I've just engaged.

I visited an aged friend yesterday who was cleaning out the attic, and he discovered the remainders of a Burside Carbine. Back in the 50's he was hunting in Tenn. and came across an old cellar hole in the woods, being a curious young fella (aren't we all??) he did a little exploring. Found pieces of a Burnside that had been there for a long time. He gave it to me as he knows that I like to tinker with old things.

So I have a Burnside carbine barrel, forearm, receiver with levers BUT no trigger group, no side plates, no hammer, and no stock. This is never going to be a shooter- the parts are too far gone for that, but I would enjoy completing it and making it a wall hanger to give back to Clarence. In as much, what I am looking for are outlines / patterns that I might fabricate faux parts to get it together and make it look complete.

Should anyone have parts to outline / measure/ pattern, I would be very grateful.

In the R&R of joining, the administrators warn that a yahoo E-mail address will be problematic, but it is the E-mail that I have- With the kind permission/ indulgence of the administrators, please post here with a follow up E-mail to Olympic_Airheads@yahoo.com.

Many thanks in advance.

Regards-

Bob