I have an original Palmer carbine for sale in Very Good Condition. I upgraded at the Fall Nationals and I would like to find a new home for this rare and special carbine. This was the very first US longarm with a bolt action that used a metallic cartridge, the 56-50 rimfire Spencer. Only 1000 were manufactured and all appear to have been martially marked. There do not appear to be any out there that do not have US inspection stamps. This gun has an 'MM' cartouche on the flat opposite the lock and small 'MM' stamps on the barrel, on the comb of the stock, and on the flat near the swing swivel. The lock is dated 1865 and has faded case colors on the lock plate and hammer. The hammer has a 'P' subinspection mark as do the trigger plate, trigger bow, and butt plate. The barrel is blued and there is some freckling in the finish. Same is true for the trigger bow and plate. Butt plate finish is faded blue with no freckling. The wood is fine with only one small chip in the area where the cartridges were loaded in the breech. The rifling is excellent but has some surface rust which could be cleaned out. I ran a brush and a few patches through it and I could not feel any sign of pitting, but the bore could use more cleaning, if desired. Photos are attached and I can provide more if you are interested. I am asking $2,325 for this carbine and I can deliver to the Fort or ship to you via Priority Mail.

Name:  DSC_0002 (640x424).jpg
Views: 801
Size:  80.0 KBName:  DSC_0001 (640x182).jpg
Views: 677
Size:  61.8 KBName:  DSC_0004 (640x424).jpg
Views: 734
Size:  76.3 KBName:  DSC_0008 (640x424).jpg
Views: 935
Size:  62.4 KBName:  DSC_0010 (640x424).jpg
Views: 684
Size:  70.5 KB