Thread: Nepal Guns for Sale

Team:
    2nd Virginia Volunteer Infantry
    10865V
    Region:
    Allegheny - Maryland, Pennsylvania, West Virginia and Virginia

Nepal Guns for Sale

I'm putting the following guns up sale. These came out of Nepal:

1853 early pattern 3 band Enfield. The barrel needs to be relined or replaced before it can be shot. Iron barrel bands, Springfield type band retainers. The lock works well. The barrel needs to be reseated for the nipple to line up correctly with the hammer. I think these Enfields were built in India in the 1850's. Price includes the original bayonet. - $200 SOLD

1842 pattern British smoothbore. .75 caliber, rear sight. The barrel and lock were made in England and have English proof marks. The East India Tea company controlled the Indian sub-continent at that time not the British government. So they supplied arms for their own militias. The rest of the gun was built in India I think. The barrel should probably be relined but looks to be in reasonably good shape. This is not N-SSA legal for smoothbore - the trigger guard would have to be modified, and possibly other changes since these were essentially civilian versions of the 1842. Comes with a rather impressive original sword bayonet - $250 SOLD

1886 Martini-Enfield Mark IV. This rifle was built in the Enfield factory in Britain. It started life as a Martini-Enfield Mark I. The British government was experimenting with smaller caliber ammunition and about 40,000 (not sure of the exact number) were built in .40 caliber. When the British government came out with the magazine fed Lee-Enfield .303 all of the single shot rifles became obsolete. Since there was very little .40 caliber ammunition available but large amounts of the .577/450 the Marks I's were returned to the Enfield factory and re-chambered and re-bored for .577/450. A IV was stamped above the I on the lock plate when this was done. These rifles were used to arm British local troops in India and elsewhere. This is a long lever "C" pattern rifle. The bore is excellent - looks un-shot really. Comes with original bayonet, scabbard and sling. I don't know if any ammunition is commercially available. - $300 SOLD

Pics are available upon request.

Prices are delivered to the fort. I have no desire to ship them.
    If interested please PM me or email me at ssnyder52@aol.com
    Last edited by ssnyder; 05-15-2014 at 04:32 PM.
    Scott Snyder
    2nd Va Infantry

Team:
    Visitor (non-N-SSA Member)
    Na
    Region:
    Visitor
    Scott, I am in need of a P53 parts gun to build around a whittaker barrel. What condition is the metal on the lock and bands?

Team:
    Visitor (non-N-SSA Member)
    NA
    Region:
    Visitor
    Hello,
    If you have no luck with local sales, and change your mind about shipping, I would be very interested in the Martini Henry, thank you.

Region:
    Midwest - Ohio, Kentucky and Indiana
    Scott,

Sent you a PM about the Martini Henry. If you didn't get it, please email Sharon.a.myers(at)Comcast.net.

Thanks,
    Sherry Myers

Region:
    Tidewater - Virginia and North Carolina

smooth bore musket

pm sent thanks 757-876-1954