Thread: Looking to get a repeater

Team:
    Genl Wm T Sherman's Bodyguard
    Region:
    Midwest - Ohio, Kentucky and Indiana

Looking to get a repeater

I've got my carbine, musket (with a new one on its way, to be picked up at nationals), revolver, and smoothbore; next on my list is a repeater. While I kind of like the looks of the Spencer a bit more than the Henry, due to ammo capacity, ease of obtaining brass and bullets, etc., I think I'd go with the Henry for the team matches.

I've got no preference as to 44/40 or .45 Colt; I know some guys favor the 44s but I am already set up for the .45 so that would be worth considering, and my teammate does very well with his, so I know it can be done. I am leaning toward the steel frame models over the brass- they don't tarnish as much and they are inherently stronger.

First: Anyone have one for sale?

Second: What would a fair price for an Uberti be used vs new? I see them online all over, from $1200-$1550 for the same gun, and I'm not sure if one represents a really great deal or one is just a rip off, or what.

Region:
    Deep South - Georgia, Louisiana, Tennessee, Mississippi and Texas
    Track of the Wolf has a Spencer "forager" shotgun for $1299. It's one of the post-war Spencer carbines converted to shoot .56-.50 shot shells, and could be converted back to a carbine with a new barrel or having the "shotgun" barrel relined to .56-.50. Of course, if you are set on a Henry, they're both boat anchors!!!

http://www.trackofthewolf.com/Catego.../499/1/AAL-594
    First Cousin (7 times removed) to Brigadier General Stand Watie (1806-1871), CSA
    1st Cherokee Mounted Rifles | Principal Chief of the Cherokee Nation 1862-66

Region:
    Deep South - Georgia, Louisiana, Tennessee, Mississippi and Texas
    Last week Track of the Wolf had another one of these M1865 Spencer shotgun conversions for a few dollars more but I cannot say just what happened to it. But I'd bet once restored the same carbine would fetch between $2500 to $3000?
    First Cousin (7 times removed) to Brigadier General Stand Watie (1806-1871), CSA
    1st Cherokee Mounted Rifles | Principal Chief of the Cherokee Nation 1862-66

Team:
    29th Wisconsin Volunteer Infantry
    Region:
    Western - Illinois and Wisconsin

steel frame Henry

Selling for a team mate Steel frame beautiful stock nice case hardening $950 .45 cal. email direct and I can get you pics and will bring to Fall Nats. 1851maynard@gmail.com

Team:
    Genl Wm T Sherman's Bodyguard
    Region:
    Midwest - Ohio, Kentucky and Indiana
    Quote Originally Posted by maynard6 View Post
    Selling for a team mate Steel frame beautiful stock nice case hardening $950 .45 cal. email direct and I can get you pics and will bring to Fall Nats. 1851maynard@gmail.com
    Sounds good, email sent.