Thread: "wipe-able" orange front sight paint?????

Region:
    Potomac - Virginia, Maryland and Delaware

"wipe-able" orange front sight paint?????

For individuals I paint my front sight "blaze" orange with spray paint that was once sold by Winchester Suttler; a paint which is easily removed by simply wiping it off.

Unfortunately, per the proprietor of Winchester Suttler, the firm that produced this particular type of paint lost their factory in a fire and has/will not attempt to recover from this unfortunate event.

That being said, the sole source vendor of this unique spray paint is no more... I've communicated with Birchwood Casey (and other paint firms) in hopes of ID'ing a currently unoccupied "niche market", but they're either not interested, or unwilling to spend the needed resources to develop and put into production a "wipe-able" matt, flat, blaze orange spray paint.

I realize that there are existing sight paints available that can be painted on, but I'm looking for the path of least resistance when it comes to temporarily marking my front sights orange. I'm not interested in any permanent paints, be they spray or paint.

ANYONE know of a similar product? Or is there anyone out there willing to sell any remaining cans of Winchester Suttler's Orange Sight Paint??
    Semper Fi,
    Rob Freeman
    Col, USMC (Ret.)
    1987-2019

The quality of a person's life is in direct proportion to their commitment to excellence, regardless of their chosen field of endeavor. - Vince Lombardi

Region:
    Potomac - Virginia, Maryland and Delaware
    I have seen and used orange spray on hair die that I was told was available at Walmart during the Halloween season. I tried to find it but my timing was off. I did see some on-line, just googled for it. I did not purchase any yet as I still have some of the Winchester Suttler stuff.
    Scott Kurki
    The Dulany Troop, 6th Virginia Cavalry

Team:
    17th Pennsylvania Volunteer Cavalry
    Region:
    Allegheny - Maryland, Pennsylvania, West Virginia and Virginia
    Though its not in a spray can, we have been using blaze orange Testor's model paint found at hobby stores for years and apply it with a toothpick or something else simple. It can be easily painted on to the front sight and makes it look a lot nicer with just the blade painted orange and not the whole end of the barrel.

Region:
    Deep South - Georgia, Louisiana, Tennessee, Mississippi and Texas
    Are you allowed to permanently paint the front site post? I always assumed it was not allowed which is why people were using the temporary spray-on stuff.

Steve

Team:
    Tammany Regiment, 42nd New York
    Region:
    New England - New York, Connecticut, New Jersey and Massachusetts
    I started using Krylon fluorescent spray paint 30 years ago. Until I made a mask with a cut out for the sight base, I was painting the whole front of my barrel.No there is no rule against it.
    Lou Lou Lou Ruggiero
    Tammany Regt-42nd NYVI