Thread: Additional Muskatoon Accoutrement

Eggman is offline Banned
    Team:
    Iredell Blues
    7786v
    Region:
    Carolina - North Carolina and South Carolina

Additional Muskatoon Accoutrement

Though most of us have gone the breechloader route for the carbine competition, I noticed at this past national that there are still significant numbers of muskatoons on the line. While observing a Northern blue clad team on our flank last Saturday, I noticed that a muskatoon shooter was habitually whacking his neigbor to the rear in the unmentional area with his bayonet scabbard each time he bent over to ram down his load. This was causing considerable discontent and a significant degradation of morale on the part of the aforementioned Yankee. This is obviously a safety hazzard as well as a hazzard to the planned projected addtional progency desired for the growth of the Association.
    I would propose two possible solutions: that muskatoon shooters always be required to post themselves on the far end of the team -- i.e., right handers on the far left end of the line, and vice versa for the lefties of course. Or, as an alternative solution, the Association might require that each muskatoon shooter provide a protective cup for the person to their immediate rear.

MR. GADGET is offline Moderator
    Team:
    Rowan Artillery
    11873V
    Region:
    Tidewater - Virginia and North Carolina
    Quote Originally Posted by Eggman View Post
    Though most of us have gone the breechloader route for the carbine competition, I noticed at this past national that there are still significant numbers of muskatoons on the line. While observing a Northern blue clad team on our flank last Saturday, I noticed that a muskatoon shooter was habitually whacking his neigbor to the rear in the unmentional area with his bayonet scabbard each time he bent over to ram down his load. This was causing considerable discontent and a significant degradation of morale on the part of the aforementioned Yankee. This is obviously a safety hazzard as well as a hazzard to the planned projected addtional progency desired for the growth of the Association.
    I would propose two possible solutions: that muskatoon shooters always be required to post themselves on the far end of the team -- i.e., right handers on the far left end of the line, and vice versa for the lefties of course. Or, as an alternative solution, the Association might require that each muskatoon shooter provide a protective cup for the person to their immediate rear.
    You sir, have way to much time on your hands.....
    MR. GADGET
    NRA LIFE BENEFACTOR MEMBER
    Rowan Artillery
    N-SSA National Provost Guard

Just remember!
    When a pot needs stirring, someone needs to do it...

Team:
    Tammany Regiment, 42nd New York
    Region:
    New England - New York, Connecticut, New Jersey and Massachusetts
    AMEN to that!
    Lou Lou Lou Ruggiero
    Tammany Regt-42nd NYVI

Ron/The Old Reb Guest

Angry

OMG
    Something else to carry in your shooting box.

Region:
    Central Virginia - Virginia and North Carolina
    Maybe we need a new rule that gives a whackee a free whack to a whackor in the whacking place of his or her choice.
    Paul Lampman, 00263V
    Cockade Rifles

Team:
    Tammany Regiment, 42nd New York
    Region:
    New England - New York, Connecticut, New Jersey and Massachusetts
    This is getting way too, Whacky
    Lou Lou Lou Ruggiero
    Tammany Regt-42nd NYVI