Thread: Trouble in Lubricant City

Eggman is offline Banned
    Team:
    Iredell Blues
    7786v
    Region:
    Carolina - North Carolina and South Carolina

Trouble in Lubricant City

Just a brief note - the annual meeting of the Maximus Lubricus, Slicum Bullicus (MLSB), Southeast Division, did not go well. A petition was presented by a rep from the Cowboy Action Shooters asking that they be allowed membership. The petitioner, a guy with a huge Tom Mix hat, kind of like Bob Huntoon's, said the MLSB is descriminatory toward cowboy action guys primarlily because the cowboy action guys love horses. Anyway the members, in particular the Lubricant Legacies (the old guys), were extremely vocal in their opposition. Their primary bone of contention was that cowboy action shooters aren't eligible to join because they don't use any lubricant on their plastic bullets.
    There was also dissention between the petroleum wing, the entomological wing, the vegetable wing, and the animal fat wing of the association. The petroleum wing accused the other two wings of using unmanly lubricants, while the Maryland reps of the vegetable people said that many shooters bite their bullets before loading, and therefore lubricants containing insect parts are really icky. One animal fat representative, Charlie Suet, claimed MLSB members are becoming much to willing to cast aside traditional lubricants.
    As usual I stayed neutral but likely will add some rendered tallow to my national lubes. N-SSA folks may wish to wait a bit until the lubricant controversies are ironed out before joining.

Ron/The Old Reb Guest
    [QUOTE=Eggman;22236]Just a brief note - Maryland reps of the vegetable people said that many shooters bite their bullets before loading, and therefore lubricants containing insect parts are really icky.

I wondered why I was finding bugs in my teeth after every skirmish.