Thread: FS or trade: Fremont Rifle

Region:
    None

FS or trade: Fremont Rifle

I have for sale an Armi Sport Fremont rifle. Has been used, but is in good working order. Hasn't had the modern markings removed, but does have riveted sling swivels and the stock looks like it has been nicely refinished. Very pretty rifle. Only issue I've noted is a little scar to the exterior of the crown by the muzzle, but it is on the outside not on the bore. The bore itself is actually in near perfect mirror-bright condition. I've never fired it, but I understand that it was used for a few events by a re-enactor. Just not doing me any good up on the wall.

I'm not sure what these are going for new (I cannot find any of the usual suspects selling them anymore, so maybe they have been discontinued?) But would like to get $550.00 postage paid (to the lower 48) for this one.

Pictures are available on request.

Usual terms of sale apply: payment due before mailing, I will accept check, money order, Visa, Mastercard, or Paypal. Rifle will be shipped via USPS priority mail with delivery confirmation and insurance.

I'm also looking for a couple of trades. I am working on a Sharps rifle project and need a few parts, namely a VG+ condition lock plate, a block face plate, and a Pedersoli double set trigger assembly and tumbler with fly. (Just on the off chance someone out there has some old parts sitting in their bins.) I'm also open to full or partial trades for other firearms, reproduction and original, so feel free to approach me with what you've got!

Best way to get in touch with me is to email me at dan@wwandcompany.com or you can call during business hours (9AM to 6PM EST, Mon-Sat) at: 517-303-3609

Thanks for looking!

Dan

Region:
    New England - New York, Connecticut, New Jersey and Massachusetts
    Dan,

I had a fremont, had a very hard time selling it, so I converted it to a type 1 macon smoothy for short money, maybe someone would be looking at that option. Dan Whitachre made me an outstanding barrel and Charlie Hahn did the finishing work, now I have a fine smoothbore.

Are you interested in the sights and front barrel band from the fremont? let me know, I looking for a .490 round ball mould or a .577 minie (hodgdon)

thanks and good luck!!
    4th VA. inf.
    SCV member Gen. Patrick R. Cleburne camp #1433

Region:
    None
    Sorry Bob, should have posted something earlier, but the rifle is spoken for pending the completion of a trade. Thanks for the interest everyone!

Dan