Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: 1855 Harpers ferry, 1841 Mississippi, Double Barrel Shotgun and misc Civil War

Region:
    Allegheny - Maryland, Pennsylvania, West Virginia and Virginia

1855 Harpers ferry, 1841 Mississippi, Double Barrel Shotgun and misc Civil War

I have been selling items on the civil War Forum for a number of years, there will be no issues as far as getting your items, and being satisfied.

1 - 1855 Harpers Ferry/Springfield, Euroarms, awesome defarb by Zimmerman. Only issue is some slight surface rust, that can easily be cleaned. Long range rear sight. All period stampings. Non funtioning Maynard primer. This is a beatiful gun. Only used 3 or 4 times. Perfect early mid war rifle. 650.00+ 25.00 for shipping. A steal, I paid over 850.00 for it.

2 - 1841 Mississippi rifle. Euroarms. Non defarbed, but wouldnt need much to make it correct. Was used one time for Manassas. Still have original box and papers, mint condition. 600.00 plus 25.00 shipping.

3 - Early war double barrel shotgun. Excellent fireable condition. New cones, and clear channels. Extremely nice engraving. Bore is excellent in both barrels. Wood has no cracks or other issues. Super nice, original shotgun. 400.00 plus 25.00 shipping.

4 - Nick Duvall, 69.cal English bridle Leather cartridge box. Used twice, almost mint condition. Includes tins. 175.00 plus 7.00 shipping.

5 - Axel Ulrich Small campaigner coffee pot. Unused, 60.00 plus 6.00 shipping

6 - Unused Quality kepi made of FHW red jean, with FHW linning. Coin buttons, iron dyed bill and strap, all handsewn. Size 22 or size 7. 75.00 + 5.00 shipping

7 - Unused Quality kepi, made with Ben Tart blue jean, with FHW linning. Iron dyed red briddle visor and strap. Size 22 5/8. 75.00 + 5.00 shipping.

I accept Paypal, and money orders. Must sell, if I wasnt in need right now, I would not be selling these items, but need money for some unexpected bills.

All the items are in excellent condition, and I guarantee all items as described. Will be shipped via Priority Postal mail.

Please see photos here. Note there are two pages: http://s1184.photobucket.com/albums/z338/fedcop1/123/

Region:
    New England - New York, Connecticut, New Jersey and Massachusetts
    According to the ATF, repro muskets are not firearms, so the laws you speak of would not apply.

When a black powder weapon is sold, the sn is not recorded by most govm't entities, so the defarbing wouldn't be an issue. Although most folks who defarb, put the issued sn under the barrel, out of sight when the gun is assembled. At least this is how I understand it.
    4th VA. inf.
    SCV member Gen. Patrick R. Cleburne camp #1433

Region:

defarbs

Being an FFL holder, you are right. The Feds do not recognize a black powder musket as a firearm, therefore the law does not apply, ie...no 4187 form to transfer firearm. I cant speak for Mass, NY, CA or NJ, as they have different laws which are stronger than the Federal law. But a defarb is perfectly legal. I suggest doing some research maybe? Just saying.

John Holland is offline Moderator
    Team:
    44th NY Volunteer Infantry
    00973V
    Region:
    Northeast- New York
    rebinpa -

Welcome to the N-SSA's Bulletin Board, and thank you for offering to share what you have with us. Also, please disregard and ignore those whom you may find impolite.

John Holland
    Chairman, N-SSA Small Arms Committee
    Last edited by John Holland; 11-10-2011 at 02:56 PM.

Region:

Thank You

Thank you for the gracious greeting John. It's ok, I have thick skin, and I am not new to the forum life. I am a collector, and sometimes dealer of firearms(antique). I was told by Todd Harrington that I need to look into the fine organization of NSSA. Well he kinda forced me!! (just kidding) Anyway glad to be here, and I am interested in joining a regiment. I reenact, and participate in alot of authentic living history events. I am very authentically minded and like to portray history with the utmost attention to detail as possible. So thank you again, and for being stand up!! Oh, and I have a passion for Civil War weapons!!

Wick
    Southern Rifles

John Holland is offline Moderator
    Team:
    44th NY Volunteer Infantry
    00973V
    Region:
    Northeast- New York
    Wick -

Todd Harrington is a very dear friend, and valued long time member of the Small Arms Committee. If you have any questions in regards to N-SSA small arms, just ask.

John

Region:
    None

1841 mississippi

i am interested in 1841, i have a few questions...e-mail mr_wheat54@hotmail.com thank you

Region:
    None

1841 Mississippi

will take 1841 Miss.....see e-mail for info....Wheat

Team:
    Visitor (non-N-SSA Member)
    NA
    Region:
    Visitor

1855 Harpers Ferry Springfield

I would like to purchase your 1855 Harpers Ferry Musket.
    Some questions...Have you fired any live rounds through it?
    Is there a sling or bayonet available for the musket?
    I can pay by paypal or other.

Reply to: mbreedlove49@hotmail.com

Region:

Muskets Sold

1, 2, and 3 are either sold or on hold pending payment. 1855, 1841, and the double barrel. The other items are still available, and reduced 10.00 each. Thank you all that have responded. I will be shipping said items out on Saturday.
    Sean "Wick" Wickerham
    Southern Rifles
    3rd Alabama
    CVG Co. E