Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 13

Thread: Interchangeable lock parts

  1. #1
    Join Date
    Feb 2021
    Posts
    46
    Region:
    Central Virginia - Virginia and North Carolina

    Interchangeable lock parts

    I have a Euroarms 3 band Enfield and looking for lock replacement parts mainspring,tumbler,sear and sear spring. I have checked on the website of S&S,Dixie,VTI,Lodgewood and a couple others and not finding much at all but I?m finding some Armisport Enfield parts. My question is will Armisport lock parts work with maybe some modifications? I read somewhere that a guy posted that the mainspring would and maybe the sear. Is there any interchangeable parts for the Euroarms or is that all that will work on them is Euroarms ? Any help would be greatly appreciated.

    Thanks Charlie

  2. #2
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    Huntsville
    Posts
    3,738
    Region:
    Deep South - Georgia, Louisiana, Tennessee, Mississippi and Texas
    At one point I replaced the tumbler and sear in my Euroarms P53 with aftermarket pieces from Lodgewood. I don't know if they still carry them or not.
    Steve Sheldon
    Commander
    4th Louisiana Delta Rifles
    NRA Certified Muzzleloading Instructor

  3. #3
    edrutecki is offline
    Team:
    6th Pennsylvania Cavalry
    Member
    10365V
    Join Date
    Jun 2004
    Location
    NC
    Posts
    64
    Region:
    Middle Atlantic - New York, Pennsylvania and New Jersey
    The tumblers from Lodgewood disappeared I guess around 7 or so years ago. I did have success using Pedersoli parts from VTI. Pedersoli took over Euroarms when they went belly up. I think it was 2016 when I bought these parts and it took 2-3 months to get them. A word of caution, Pedersoli changed the thread pitch on there parts. If you replace the tumbler, you will also need a hammer screw. I'm pretty sure I bought a new hammer too. I also changed the sear and sear spring and everything dropped right in. The upgraded lock now has a positive tight feel to it. The Euroarms stuff always felt mushy and loose. Been shooting this repaired lock since 2016 with no problems. Best of luck in your quest!

  4. #4
    Join Date
    Jul 2023
    Posts
    163
    Region:
    Northwest Territory - Michigan, Ohio and Indiana

    Interchangeable lock parts

    Charlie, contact Charlie Hahn he may have parts or be able to help you out.

    Good luck.

    Keith A. Williams
    15th. Reg VA Vol Cav

  5. #5
    remington1858 is offline
    Team:
    Visitor (non-N-SSA Member)
    Member
    N/A
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    Texas
    Posts
    105
    Region:
    Visitor
    Gents,

    I sent word to Pedersoli about the interchangeability between euroarms and Pedersoli gun lines. Give me a few days for a response. We are all recouping from the shot show and some are still traveling. IFG in Amarillo can get current production parts but that will only help if the parts are the same. From experience I have used a current production tumbler in a euroarms enfield but I haven?t tried screws or barrel bands and other stuff.

    Get back with you soon,
    Wes




    Quote Originally Posted by Charlie White View Post
    I have a Euroarms 3 band Enfield and looking for lock replacement parts mainspring,tumbler,sear and sear spring. I have checked on the website of S&S,Dixie,VTI,Lodgewood and a couple others and not finding much at all but I?m finding some Armisport Enfield parts. My question is will Armisport lock parts work with maybe some modifications? I read somewhere that a guy posted that the mainspring would and maybe the sear. Is there any interchangeable parts for the Euroarms or is that all that will work on them is Euroarms ? Any help would be greatly appreciated.

    Thanks Charlie

  6. #6
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    Huntsville
    Posts
    3,738
    Region:
    Deep South - Georgia, Louisiana, Tennessee, Mississippi and Texas
    Quote Originally Posted by edrutecki View Post
    The tumblers from Lodgewood disappeared I guess around 7 or so years ago. I did have success using Pedersoli parts from VTI. Pedersoli took over Euroarms when they went belly up. I think it was 2016 when I bought these parts and it took 2-3 months to get them. A word of caution, Pedersoli changed the thread pitch on there parts. If you replace the tumbler, you will also need a hammer screw. I'm pretty sure I bought a new hammer too. I also changed the sear and sear spring and everything dropped right in. The upgraded lock now has a positive tight feel to it. The Euroarms stuff always felt mushy and loose. Been shooting this repaired lock since 2016 with no problems. Best of luck in your quest!
    That is great information!

    I have both a Pedersoli P1858 and a Euroarms P1853. I can try an internals-swap and see how they do.

    I have been generally impressed with Pedersoli lock internals (particularly springs) and so I am not surprised you find them superior in your lock.

    Steve
    Steve Sheldon
    Commander
    4th Louisiana Delta Rifles
    NRA Certified Muzzleloading Instructor

  7. #7
    Join Date
    Feb 2021
    Posts
    46
    Region:
    Central Virginia - Virginia and North Carolina
    Quote Originally Posted by Maillemaker View Post
    At one point I replaced the tumbler and sear in my Euroarms P53 with aftermarket pieces from Lodgewood. I don't know if they still carry them or not.
    ok Thanks for your help

  8. #8
    Join Date
    Feb 2021
    Posts
    46
    Region:
    Central Virginia - Virginia and North Carolina
    Quote Originally Posted by edrutecki View Post
    The tumblers from Lodgewood disappeared I guess around 7 or so years ago. I did have success using Pedersoli parts from VTI. Pedersoli took over Euroarms when they went belly up. I think it was 2016 when I bought these parts and it took 2-3 months to get them. A word of caution, Pedersoli changed the thread pitch on there parts. If you replace the tumbler, you will also need a hammer screw. I'm pretty sure I bought a new hammer too. I also changed the sear and sear spring and everything dropped right in. The upgraded lock now has a positive tight feel to it. The Euroarms stuff always felt mushy and loose. Been shooting this repaired lock since 2016 with no problems. Best of luck in your quest!
    Thanks for your help and the helpful information

  9. #9
    Join Date
    Feb 2021
    Posts
    46
    Region:
    Central Virginia - Virginia and North Carolina
    Quote Originally Posted by Keith Williams View Post
    Charlie, contact Charlie Hahn he may have parts or be able to help you out.

    Good luck.

    Keith A. Williams
    15th. Reg VA Vol Cav
    Thanks I will try to reach out to him

  10. #10
    Join Date
    Feb 2021
    Posts
    46
    Region:
    Central Virginia - Virginia and North Carolina
    Quote Originally Posted by Maillemaker View Post
    That is great information!

    I have both a Pedersoli P1858 and a Euroarms P1853. I can try an internals-swap and see how they do.

    I have been generally impressed with Pedersoli lock internals (particularly springs) and so I am not surprised you find them superior in your lock.

    Steve
    Hey Steve if you do swap the internals out and if it works that would be great and good information to have.

Similar Threads

  1. Interchangeable parts for PH Enfiled lock
    By Obi2winky in forum Shooting Techs, Tips, & Tricks
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 04-25-2019, 03:18 PM
  2. WTB: Lock or lock parts for Zoli Mississippi
    By Alabama Federal in forum Wanted/For Sale Items
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 01-25-2018, 12:08 PM
  3. FS - Zouave lock parts CHEAP
    By Bruce Cobb 1723V in forum Wanted/For Sale Items
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 08-10-2017, 05:55 PM
  4. Replies: 0
    Last Post: 10-14-2016, 10:22 AM
  5. Al Bumford lock parts
    By Daniel Whitacre in forum Wanted/For Sale Items
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 06-02-2010, 12:14 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •