Thread: Original 3 Band Enfield dated 1861 For Sale

Region:
    None

Original 3 Band Enfield dated 1861 For Sale

I bought this Enfield from a private collector in Indianapolis in 1955 when I was 15 years old. I wish to sell it to a good home in order to add to the college fund for my twin grandsons now 2 years old. I still do re-enacting, but I do F&I- all flintlock now.
    I have consulted with some of your experts, (Thanks Jim and Jeff) and here is what I know about it. More pictures are available by e-mail on request. Contact me at mwampler@centurytel.net.
    It is in GOOD or better condition. The bayonet and scabbard are included (the belt loop with 2 rivets is separated from the scabbard). I have the original ramrod but the tip is missing. I have two substitute ramrods.
    The bore has some pitting but the rifleing looks good. I haven't shot it but maybe once in the last 30 years so I can't attest to its accuracy. The stock has some dings and scratches and there is a small (one eighth inch by one inch) piece missing at the muzzle. There is no rust, just a nice gray patina.
    It has unusual markings and the consensus is that it was probably made in Belgium and sold by a private contractor to either the North or the South.
    There are no markings on the stock. The lock plate has the Crown and the "date"1861. The barrel opposite the lock near the breech has two of the old, out of date in 1861, Birmingham proof marks separated by the date 1861. All the metal parts are marked with the number 12. The bayonet is marked F. Preston Manchester.
    The price is $1000. I live near St. Louis Missouri and I'm willing to meet you half way (assuming you live East or South of me)to allow you to inspect the rifle and close the deal.
    Attached Images Attached Images   

Region:
    None

Re: Original 3 Band Enfield dated 1861 For Sale

It's Sold.