Thread: Cabin Repair

Region:
    Chesapeake - Maryland, Virginia, Pennsylvania and Ohio

Cabin Repair

Wanted: somebody willing to patch up one (maybe two) holes in the side of a cabin. These holes are how squirrels have gotten in and they've made a real mess . You'd need a really tall/telescoping ladder and whatever it takes to cover the hole(s). Probably not too complicated. Of course you'll be paid. Cabin owner and occupants are not in Winchester. I have photos. Any person who responds, we can switch to texting/phone.
    Last edited by teenyweeny; 12-02-2022 at 04:30 PM.
    T Newberry

Team:
    1st New Jersey Light Artillery
    11416V
    Region:
    Middle Atlantic - New York, Pennsylvania and New Jersey

Smile Cabin Patch

Quote Originally Posted by teenyweeny View Post
    Wanted: somebody willing to patch up one (maybe two) holes in the side of a cabin. These holes are how squirrels have gotten in and they've made a real mess . You'd need a really tall/telescoping ladder and whatever it takes to cover the hole(s). Probably not too complicated. Of course you'll be paid. Cabin owner and occupants are not in Winchester. I have photos. Any person who responds, we can switch to texting/phone.
    teenyweeny,
    It's easy to make a repair. First make sure the critters are OUT then stuff coarse steel wool in the hole and mix up some auto body plastic and fill the hole. Paint to match and you're done. I kept field mice out of my apartment many years ago with this method. It sealed the space around the hot water base board pipe. I'm too old and I had a stroke to do that work now though. Good luck.
    Bob

Region:
    Chesapeake - Maryland, Virginia, Pennsylvania and Ohio
    Quote Originally Posted by Bob Lintner View Post
    teenyweeny,
    It's easy to make a repair. First make sure the critters are OUT then stuff coarse steel wool in the hole and mix up some auto body plastic and fill the hole. Paint to match and you're done. I kept field mice out of my apartment many years ago with this method. It sealed the space around the hot water base board pipe. I'm too old and I had a stroke to do that work now though. Good luck.
    Bob
    Thanks for the ideas. The real problem is I don't live there, it's too cold and I need a really really tall ladder. Good health to you in 2023!
    T Newberry

Region:
    Potomac - Virginia, Maryland and Delaware
    My brother may have some interest. Will you be at camp this weekend for the snowball?

Thanks,
    Never Be The Same!! Bring it!!