Thread: Hello-- Doing a presentation on Bull Run Uniforms 1861-- any info on the Confederates are welcome

Team:
    29th Wisconsin Volunteer Infantry
    2977V
    Region:
    Western - Illinois and Wisconsin

Hello-- Doing a presentation on Bull Run Uniforms 1861-- any info on the Confederates are welcome

Hello-- Am doing a presentation for a tour group on the uniforms worn at Bull Run by the Federals and the Confederates. Have all the Union side and their guns-- but like always-- the Confederates are a lot harder to find. I have Todd's and Troiani paintings and notes, but-- am working on the Stonewall Jackson's Brigade at Bull Run. Any help with that is appreciated-- I have info on their firearms too... If you have any secret or hidden in the drawer info on Bull Run Confederate uniforms or issued firearms please let me know. Contacted the National Park and am working with them.-- The N-SSA is a renowned source for CW info.-- We are the best-- "I drink Bourbon and I know things!" Thanks Tom

Team:
    2977V
    Region:
    OK-- Doing more research on the 33rd Virginia and their assault on the Griffiths Battery on Henry House Hill. Modern day books and articles say that the 33rd was dressed in blue and that is how they got so close to the Federal Battery-- 30-40 paces away and 350 of them leveled their muskets and gave them at volley with smoothbores at close range. Killed most of the horses and knocked down most of the Artillerymen. I cannot find anywhere in contemporary writing or reports that state the 33rd were in blue. What I am finding is a lot of red shirts and civilian clothes. A search for the uniforms of the 33rd in July of 1861 so far, has no blue Virginia Militia uniforms found. This is like George Washington and the Cherry Tree. Did the 33rd Virginia have some blue uniforms in the ranks or not? Again so far-- the research does not show it..

Team:
    2977V
    Region:

I found it!

Hey-- Found what I was looking for on the 33rd Virginia. AWESOME! Tom

Team:
    34th Battalion Virginia Cavalry
    3020V
    Region:
    New England - New York, Connecticut, New Jersey and Massachusetts
    Quote Originally Posted by Tom Arliskas View Post
    Hey-- Found what I was looking for on the 33rd Virginia. AWESOME! Tom
    Well, did they wear blue or not at 1st Manassas?
    Gil Davis Tercenio
    # 3020V
    34th Battalion, Virginia Cavalry
    Great, great grandson of Cpl Elijah S Davis, Co I, 6th Alabama Inf CSA