Thread: Several 1841 rifles, aka Mississippi rifles for sale

Team:
    5th Virginia Volunteer Infantry
    5109V
    Region:
    Potomac - Virginia, Maryland and Delaware

Several 1841 rifles, aka Mississippi rifles for sale

Ive been busy this summer working on some Mississippi rifles. I expect to have them all completed by fall Nat'ls. All are 58 caliber, most are lined by Hoyt. There is one new construction with original parts, one repro and several rebuilt relics with patched and stretched wood. There are several type E with long range sights, two Drake conversions and one Colt conversion. Prices will range from about $800 to $2000. I will have them in Yeck's place at fall Nat'ls. I'll be at the Allegheny, Gator and Potomac regional skirmishes if you wish to examine any of them. Bear in mind that they all are not completely finished yet but you can still take a look. If you ever thought of shooting a Mississippi this is your chance to get a good one. PM me with your interests. One type E and one Colt are finished and two Drake conversions are nearly complete. The rest are coming along nicely.
    Attached Images Attached Images  

Region:
    Tidewater - Virginia and North Carolina

Mississippi Rifles

John, PM sent.

Team:
    6th Kentucky Volunteer Infantry
    8490V
    Region:
    Midwest - Ohio, Kentucky and Indiana
    PM sent........
    Nathan Spence
    6th Kentucky Vol. Infantry

Team:
    5109V
    Region:
    Thanks for the interest so far. I've responded to the PMs. I won't have SAC cards on them but they are all built to the spec sheet. I guarantee they will pass inspection or I'll do whatever it takes to get it passed.

Team:
    5109V
    Region:
    The repro one, just to the right of center in the picture is taken. All the others available.

Team:
    5109V
    Region:
    Back to the top. I'm making progress on them. Have half of them complete except a little detailing. Glass bedded two today. All should be done by Nat'ls.

Team:
    5109V
    Region:
    Several are complete, assembling the last one. Need to shoot some to make sure the sights are aligned horizontally, tune the locks and final detailing. All will be ready at Nat'ls. See me at Yeck's place. I'll be there from Wed thru Sat.

Team:
    5109V
    Region:
    Here is the information on the 1841 aka Mississippi rifles:

#1 Type E with long range sights, Robbins , Kendall & Lawrence near mint lock dated 1847, new stock, all original parts except the front band, like new 3 groove 58 caliber barrel marked RAH. Very nice rifle. Asking $2200

#2 Type E with long range sights. Robbins & Lawrence lock dated 1850 with some Rich Cross internals. 7 groove 60" twist 58 caliber barrel lined by Hoyt, stretched forend, all original furniture except front band. SAC card with this one. Ready to go skirmishing. Asking $1800

#3 Type E with long range sights, Robbins & Lawrence lock dated 1851. 3 groove 58 caliber barrel with no sign of being lined, believed to be a rebored 54 caliber. Stretched forend, all original parts except the front band. Not quite as nice overall as #2. Asking $1700

#4 Drake Conversion with 1858 musket type rear sight, Robbins & Lawrence 1850 lock, 3 groove 58 caliber 60" twist barrel lined by Hoyt. Stretched stock, All original parts except trigger guard. Asking $1500

#5 Drake Conversion with 1858 musket type rear sight, Whitney lock dated 1851, original wood. 3 groove 58 caliber 60" twist barrel lined by Hoyt. Repro front band. Overall not quite as nice as #4. Asking $1400

#6 Colt conversion listed elsewhere by Sonny Riggs. Tryon 1848 lock. Lined 3 groove barrel. Asking $1375

All will have a trigger pull less than 5 lbs and sighted in centered low so you can file the sights to suit except #'s 1 & 2 are sighted to point of aim. Most will have replaced wood near the tang and lock and some Rich Cross internal parts replaced. The sling swivels are mostly new.

I will have them in Yeck's place starting on Wed at nat'ls. The SAC office is open wed, Thurs, Fri 9-11 to get them inspected in your name. If you buy one after Fri morning I can arrange for an SAC inspector on Sat afternoon or evening to inspect it for you.
    Come check them out.
    Last edited by John Bly; 09-26-2022 at 09:16 AM.

Team:
    5109V
    Region:
    Just picked up another 1841 to sell. It's a Bernadelli 58 caliber converted to type E, asking $800 See it at Yeck's place Wed-Sat.