Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Where to get a SAC card

Team:
    Visitor (non-N-SSA Member)
    NA
    Region:
    Visitor

Where to get a SAC card

I plan on finally trying to shoot next summer but the musket I have is a Zouave made by Armi-Jager and is not on the approved list. Where can I take it to have it examined?

Team:
    NA
    Region:
    Visitor
    Are you kidding, 45 views on this site and not one person can tell me how to get this gun inspected by a Small Arms Committee person?

Eggman is offline Banned
    Team:
    Iredell Blues
    7786v
    Region:
    Carolina - North Carolina and South Carolina
    Since you want it approved you're obviously a member. Email John Holland (email address in Skirmish Line) and ask him if any modifications need to be made.

Region:
    Tidewater - Virginia and North Carolina
    Most of the people who use this forum are friends, or at least friendly. No kidding!

There are several options for a person to have an arm inspected.

The National Skirmishes always have Small Arms Inspections on Wednesday and Thursday mornings. They are held in Winchester, VA.

Each region has SAC inspectors who can inspect an arm at regional skirmishes, or by a coordinated appointment should you live close by.

Perhaps a PM to myself, a member of the Small Arms Committee, or to John Holland, our SAC Chairman, with your location might assist in providing you a convenient point of contact near your home. I shoot with the Tidewater Region, and would be happy to assist should your home be in southeast Virginia or Northeast North Carolina.

shoot safe, Bob
    Bob Propst
    6721V
    York Rangers
    Tidewater Region

Team:
    NA
    Region:
    Visitor
    Quote Originally Posted by Eggman View Post
    Since you want it approved you're obviously a member. Email John Holland (email address in Skirmish Line) and ask him if any modifications need to be made.
    Prospective member who can't seem to get much, if any, information on what unit I could join, how to practice, what uniform for someone living in central Ohio. Yes, I'd like to shoot the musket and I don't have a copy of Skirmish Line to look up an email address.

Region:
    Well, looking at your information, or lack of, I don't know where you are from, what region you are in, what team you are with?

But I will spend a bit of time telling you what I would do to get a gun inspected.

I am Tidewater region, so I would ask if I did not already know my team commander who is a local guy that inspects guns.
    I would then find his information and call him. Ask if he would be able to do an inspection? He either says yes or no. Lets say he said yes, we would meet and he could inspect, but not sure if you can have a gun inspected if you are not a member? I think you need to be a member to have a gun inspected. But let's say he inspected it, then the inspector would send said paperwork to Mr. Holland and he would issue said SAC card that you could pick up at the next Nationals, the inspector would give you a copy that would be good till the next nationals that needs to be carried with anytime you are using said gun in any N-SSA event.

Or you can go to a national and have it inspected during a national.

I hope this is enough information for you to determine if you can have it inspected.

I am lucky as we have a SAC person on our team, and our regional commander is also a SAC person.

Hope this helps.
    Last edited by FirinFlatTop; 12-01-2021 at 07:47 PM. Reason: I just knew if I did this it would be replys when I got done typing. Hahaha
    Rick G. Cameron Jr.

Region:
    Skirmish Line is also published digitally on the NSSA home page, scroll down to the bottom. I read it there before my printed copy arrived. It has the listing of all the officers and committee chairs, as well as cool information and pictures. Enjoy!
    Bob Propst
    6721V
    York Rangers
    Tidewater Region

Region:
    Deep South - Georgia, Louisiana, Tennessee, Mississippi and Texas
    Hi Yakiman,

What city do you live in? We can then point you to the inspector for your region.

Steve
    Steve Sheldon
    Commander
    4th Louisiana Delta Rifles
    NRA Certified Muzzleloading Instructor

Team:
    NA
    Region:
    Visitor
    Quote Originally Posted by Maillemaker View Post
    Hi Yakiman,

What city do you live in? We can then point you to the inspector for your region.

Steve
    I live in Columbus, OH

Team:
    Tammany Regiment, 42nd New York
    Region:
    New England - New York, Connecticut, New Jersey and Massachusetts
    Eric Schuessler is the Regional Commander of the Mid West Region. I believe you can PM him from the Bulletin board with Just his name. He can direct you to teams near you
    Lou Lou Lou Ruggiero
    Tammany Regt-42nd NYVI