Thread: Replacement Blue Card?

Team:
    Dulany Troop, 6th VA Cavalry
    7457v
    Region:
    Potomac - Virginia, Maryland and Delaware

Replacement Blue Card?

Several yearsback, I had a cut-down 2-bander 1862 Springfield approved by the Small ArmsCommittee and issued a blue card for it. I retired last year and movedfrom Maryland to Deep South (Florida) and asked a friendup there to sell it, and a smoothbore for me. The Springfield sold at the mostrecent National but the buyer didn?t receive the blue card. Can herequest a replacement card based on my name and records or does he need to takeit back to the Small Arms Committee and have it re-inspected?

J. Pelot, USN (Ret)
    7457V
    Dulany Troop

John Holland is offline Moderator
    Team:
    44th NY Volunteer Infantry
    00973V
    Region:
    Northeast- New York
    I will take a look through the archives. If located I will need the new owner's information. Contact me direct through the email address listed in the Skirmish Line.
    John Holland
    SAC

Team:
    Dulany Troop, 6th VA Cavalry
    7457v
    Region:
    Potomac - Virginia, Maryland and Delaware

Replacement blue card

Thank you, over 30 years, Ive only had one firearm that ever needed to be approved and that was it. I believe around 2015/2016.
    Originally when I joined the NSSA, I was on Valley Rangers. Mark Corrigan was commander at that time. He sold me an original 1862 Springfield 3 band, but he ended up breaking my stock when a round jammed and he tried to force it down by slamming the stock on the ground. He replaced it with a cutdown 2 band Springfield with a Numrich barrel. Though it was also an 1862, it had different parts on it. Eventually, someone asked me for a card and I had no idea what they wanted. By that time, Corrigan wasn't in the NSSA anymore. I took it to Lodgewood and they corrected all the errors and the SAC approved it and gave me a card. My former wife used it for her musket but she bailed on me about 6 years ago. She gave me the card back and I left the gun and card with Blue Gray Sutler and asked him to sell it for me. He did so at the last National but didnt provide the card to the new buyer.
    J. Pelot, USN (Ret)
    7457V
    Dulany Troop