Potomac - Virginia, Maryland and Delaware

RAMSHORN MAYNARD

anyone have any info on ramshorn maynards and thoughts on them
    Brent 5th Va Inf

Region:
    Central Virginia - Virginia and North Carolina

Re: RAMSHORN MAYNARD

Brent,

This question has come up a couple of times, and it looks like there just aren't enough of them being shot yet for them to have much of a reputation. I saw them a year or so ago at Nationals, but although I was considering a purchase I was fortunate enough to find a Romano repro of a First Model I could afford, and that's what I am shooting.

My impressions of the Ramshorn, which of course is a copy of the Second Model, were generally favorable, especially when price is considered. The wood-to-metal and metal-to-metal fit and finish seemed pretty good, and limited opportunity to examine and cycle the action left me with a generally positive impression. What I don't know about is accuracy and durability (ie proper hardness of key parts) of the carbine, and of course no matter how affordable the piece, this is important. Hopefully someone who has started campaigning one will chime in here. :?:

I guess the final statement I would make on the Ramshorn is that if I had not been very fortunate and gotten my Romano, I would likely be shooting one now. I would like to have some range time with one just so I would know the answers to my questions above! :?

Regards,
    Froggie
    Charlie Shaeff
    1st Valley Rangers
    N-SSA # 12345