Thread: Anyone own this derringers book?

Team:
    Visitor (non-N-SSA Member)
    NA
    Region:
    Western - Illinois and Wisconsin

Anyone own this derringers book?

I am following up on information that James H. Merrill might have been the manufacturer of the Stafford derringers. John Sexton from Poulin Antiques has a Stafford derringer coming up at auction, and the details mention Merrill. John provided the name Doug Eberhart and possibly a co-author as having done the research. I just talked to Doug, and he indeed was the researcher and confident Merrill was the manufacturer. He said the info is in the book. I don't have the $150-200 for another book. Need to save up for more Merrills. Might anyone have "The Deringers in America, the Cartridge period, Volume II", and be willing to contact me with the findings/research in the book? Please reply here or contact me at thecure2021@protonmail.com. Thanks, Eric.

Just noticed the title had spelling as Deringer. I've always thought it was two r's. Also after the post, I went on eBay and found some really good priced used books. Still would like to know if anyone can share the findings.
    Last edited by ewmail15; 05-12-2021 at 07:22 PM.

Team:
    34th Battalion Virginia Cavalry
    3020V
    Region:
    New England - New York, Connecticut, New Jersey and Massachusetts
    Quote Originally Posted by ewmail15 View Post
    I am following up on information that James H. Merrill might have been the manufacturer of the Stafford derringers. John Sexton from Poulin Antiques has a Stafford derringer coming up at auction, and the details mention Merrill. John provided the name Doug Eberhart and possibly a co-author as having done the research. I just talked to Doug, and he indeed was the researcher and confident Merrill was the manufacturer. He said the info is in the book. I don't have the $150-200 for another book. Need to save up for more Merrills. Might anyone have "The Deringers in America, the Cartridge period, Volume II", and be willing to contact me with the findings/research in the book? Please reply here or contact me at thecure2021@protonmail.com. Thanks, Eric.

Just noticed the title had spelling as Deringer. I've always thought it was two r's. Also after the post, I went on eBay and found some really good priced used books. Still would like to know if anyone can share the findings.
    Henry Deringer built firearms. Derringers became the generic name for small, concealable handguns.
    Gil Davis Tercenio
    # 3020V
    34th Battalion, Virginia Cavalry
    Great, great grandson of Cpl Elijah S Davis, Co I, 6th Alabama Inf CSA