Thread: FS: Orig M-1816 Wickham Project Piece

Region:
    Potomac - Virginia, Maryland and Delaware

FS: Orig M-1816 Wickham Project Piece

Offering for sale an Original contract M-1816 mfg by Marine T. Wickham in Philadelphia, PA

This arm has NEVER been converted to percussion - she is an ORIGINAL flint.

As such, this piece has VALUE despite being a project piece. She is WELL worth restoring - it would be a true shame to use her as a parts gun!

As a project, she will need some TLC via basic parts fitting, and minimal stock work by the lock.

Overall, she is a sound and SOLID piece. Acquired by my late dad many years ago, he just was never able to get her ?up and running?.

Missing middle swivel band, and hammer. This deal however DOES include all needed correct repo parts from S&S Firearms which, after fitting, will make her a complete and functional musket! Parts include: middle band, swivel, and the three parts which compose the flintlocks hammer. Everything else on the arm is present, original.

This particular musket was one of the 12,000 that was produced by Whickham in his first contract in 1817. As such, the locks made, and installed, on his first musket contract do NOT feature the year on the lock. The lock does show WICKHAM arching over PHIL. under the flash pan. This piece also clearly shows the inspectors stamp, GF - George Flagel who was Schuykill Arsenals inspector, on the side of the breech. A faint SNY is also present on the top of the breech.

Asking $XXX.00, buyer pays S/H.

Questions / interest please PM or email me: rdfreeman1906@gmail.com

I cannot post photos at present. BUT I can email pics to anyone if they wish.

MANY thx in advance for your time and consideration!

Last edited by Rob FreemanWBR; 01-11-2021 at 05:59 AM. Reason: SOLD
    Semper Fi,
    Rob Freeman
    Col, USMC (Ret.)
    1987-2019

The quality of a person's life is in direct proportion to their commitment to excellence, regardless of their chosen field of endeavor. - Vince Lombardi

Region:
    Potomac - Virginia, Maryland and Delaware

Sold pending funds

Quote Originally Posted by rob freemanwbr View Post
    offering for sale an original contract m-1816 mfg by marine t. Wickham in philadelphia, pa

this arm has never been converted to percussion - she is an original flint.

as such, this piece has value despite being a project piece. She is well worth restoring - it would be a true shame to use her as a parts gun!

As a project, she will need some tlc via basic parts fitting, and minimal stock work by the lock.

Overall, she is a sound and solid piece. Acquired by my late dad many years ago, he just was never able to get her ?up and running?.

missing middle swivel band, and hammer. This deal however does include all needed correct repo parts from s&s firearms which, after fitting, will make her a complete and functional musket! Parts include: Middle band, swivel, and the three parts which compose the flintlocks hammer. Everything else on the arm is present, original.

this particular musket was one of the 12,000 that was produced by whickham in his first contract in 1817. As such, the locks made, and installed, on his first musket contract do not feature the year on the lock. The lock does show wickham arching over phil. Under the flash pan. This piece also clearly shows the inspectors stamp, gf - george flagel who was schuykill arsenals inspector, on the side of the breech. A faint sny is also present on the top of the breech.

asking $xxx.00, buyer pays s/h.

questions / interest please pm or email me: rdfreeman1906@gmail.com

i cannot post photos at present. But i can email pics to anyone if they wish.

many thx in advance for your time and consideration!

sold pending funds
    Semper Fi,
    Rob Freeman
    Col, USMC (Ret.)
    1987-2019

The quality of a person's life is in direct proportion to their commitment to excellence, regardless of their chosen field of endeavor. - Vince Lombardi