Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: MG217 is a SCAMMER so don't fall for it

Team:
    Palmetto Sharpshooters
    5795V
    Region:
    Carolina - North Carolina and South Carolina

MG217 is a SCAMMER so don't fall for it

He'll message you he has what you are looking for and it's located in Texas and bla bla bla
    Never squat with yer spurs on!!!

Pat "PJ" Kelly #5795V
    Virginny & Texas
    540-878-8024

MAYNARDS RULE!! & starr's DROOL!
    Hence the rust. MAYNARDAE LAUS DEO!

Team:
    Palmetto Sharpshooters
    Region:
    Thanks for your investigation work Pat. I was tempted to send this guy some money for a mold but as I mentioned to you I smelled a rat when he only had one view of a mold and could not provide pictures of any mold numbers. Sadly, in a attempt to make him show his colors I gave him some more information on that .520 RCBS Miniball mold in the form of pictures.

Region:
    Potomac - Virginia, Maryland and Delaware

3 Band Ballard in Texas...

Quote Originally Posted by RaiderANV View Post
    He'll message you he has what you are looking for and it's located in Texas and bla bla bla
    MANY thanks PJ. Your timing is just as impeccable as that of AP Hill at Antietam!

The subject individual did in fact put me in touch with a Richard Brewer of Pilot Point,Texas. He supposedly has a very nice 3 Band Ballard in .46 rf, for $1850.00 shipped. Money was not exchanged, but the seller appeared to be on the up and up after making initial email contact last night.

Thanks again brother, for the heads up!

It looks like I am, ?still in the hunt? for a Ballard rifle. At least my wallet is still in tact.
    Semper Fi,
    Rob Freeman
    Col, USMC (Ret.)
    1987-2019

The quality of a person's life is in direct proportion to their commitment to excellence, regardless of their chosen field of endeavor. - Vince Lombardi

Team:
    Visitor (non-N-SSA Member)
    NA
    Region:
    Visitor
    This is apparently something that this person is trying to do on a number of forums. I did a Google search for the email address he provided and found this recent discussion on a musical instrument forum:

https://www.kvraudio.com/forum/viewtopic.php?p=7765097

Team:
    Palmetto Sharpshooters
    Region:
    This is his first response back to me when I enquired about the mold.......

Hello Randall,

Yes I have it available in excellent condition let me know the convenient time for you to pick it up I?m Texas.

604 N.church St Pilot Point,
    Texas, 76258

Tuesday, May 26, 2020, 9:49 PM +0100

lmcmahon is offline Administrator
    Team:
    Nansemond Guards
    Region:
    Tidewater - Virginia and North Carolina
    He?s been banned. Thanks for heads up on this.
    Linwood McMahon
    Nansemond Guards

Webmaster & Forum Admin Manager

Team:
    Visitor (non-N-SSA Member)
    NA
    Region:
    Visitor

scammer

Thank you for this thread!

A while back, i spotted a gun I wanted on a gun auction site (not here). Was very interested in it. Almost pulled the trigger on it, but was suspicious. I looked on some other sites and found the exact same gun on another site that had sold. Turns out the scammer guy had copied the pictures and even the description, word for word, from that legitimate sale on the second auction site. Same gun, same serial number. I contacted the individual on the second site, and he confirmed that he had sold the gun to a person in another part of the country as a legitimate sale. When I backed out of the scammer sale, the scammer guy started manipulating his terms to get me to complete the sale. Tried all kinds of emotional tricks as well. I did not buy the gun, thank God! You've got to be careful.

Team:
    12th Regiment US Regular Infantry
    Region:
    Potomac - Virginia, Maryland and Delaware
    What blows my mind is that these guys would try to scam a gun owner. I mean I might be a law abiding citizen, but if you cost me enough money Im gonna pay you a visit, or have someone I know.
    Daryl Noonan
    NSSA # 14002
    12th Regiment US Regular Infantry

"You see in this world there are two types of people my friend. Those with loaded guns, and those who dig. You dig!!"

Team:
    Palmetto Sharpshooters
    5795V
    Region:
    The address he uses is 36 miles from me here in Texas. The girl at the post office told me that any mail going to that address with his name on it is being forwarded to a city in California. She wouldn't say which.

The scam goes like this. I moved from that address to Cali. I did in fact have said item and agreed to sell it. I received the money and let it clear then I did in fact ship said item. There is NO PROOF he didn't so no proof of fraud. Obviously the post office lost it. The police have no case.

This is the fourth time I've caught this and pretty sure it's the same azzhat. I just don't have the power to freeze said account the second I spot them anymore........

NOTE----->> ANY TIME you want to send someone money ask for extra pictures. I ALWAYS get them to send a pix of the item laying on their kitchen table with a piece of mail in the photo with their name on it. ANYWAYS! I've even asked for a selfie of them with item in the picture. Only ever had one kid refuse and I passed and the next guy in line got burned.
    Last edited by RaiderANV; 05-27-2020 at 09:55 PM.
    Never squat with yer spurs on!!!

Pat "PJ" Kelly #5795V
    Virginny & Texas
    540-878-8024

MAYNARDS RULE!! & starr's DROOL!
    Hence the rust. MAYNARDAE LAUS DEO!

Region:
    Pat,

Is there a way to scan a photo sent you to see if was taken from another web page?
    "It is well that war is so terrible lest we should grow too fond of it." Gen. R.E. Lee CSA

G-Grandfather 2nd Lt Charles A. Miller, Company G, 42nd Regiment, North Carolina Infantry

G-G Grandfather Sgt David A. Ray, Enlisted: Company D, North Carolina 30th Infantry Regiment on 10 Aug 1861, Mustered Out: 9 April 1865

G-Grandfather Pvt R A Harding, Enlisted in Company K, New Hampshire 1st Heavy Artillery Regiment on 17 Sep 1864, Mustered out on 15 Jun 1865 in Washington, DC