Thread: Cell phone photos

Team:
    1st Michigan Infantry
    Region:
    Northwest Territory - Michigan, Ohio and Indiana

Cell phone photos

Quote Originally Posted by Kevin Tinny View Post

I cannot attach photo's. If you know how to attach Droid cell phone photo's to our Forum posts, please start a separate Thread. I've asked here twice with no responses. Thanks.

Kevin Tinny
    I email the cell phone photos to myself so I can download them on my desktop PC. From there, I open them with Microsoft Paint and resize them so they do not exceed the maximums imposed by the BB software. From there it's pretty straightforward.
    Bob Anderson
    Ordnance Sergeant
    Company C, 1st Michigan Volunteer Infantry
    Small Arms Committee

"I won't be wronged. I won't be insulted. I won't be laid a hand on.
    I don't do these things to other people, and I require the same from them."
    - John Wayne in "The Shootist", 1976

Team:
    Tammany Regiment, 42nd New York
    Region:
    New England - New York, Connecticut, New Jersey and Massachusetts
    Tx, Bob:

I have been away from techy stuff for ten years. Was ok, once upon a time.
    Will ask a friend to apply your helpful info to my GALAXY S10 DROID and will report here.
    May take a week or so now....

Regards,
    Kevin

MR. GADGET is offline Moderator
    Team:
    Rowan Artillery
    11873V
    Region:
    Tidewater - Virginia and North Carolina
    If I recall,
    You must upload the files to a host site. After that you embed the link to the site and the pictures show up.

At one time I did photo bucket. They went to a pay site and stopped linking if you don't pay them they also hold your photos so you can't retrieve them without paying.

Some other sites will let you click a box upload file/picture and go on your phone and retrieve the photo you saved or take a new picture.
    This lets you just drop the picture or file in the site. Really easy.

The down fall of that, most hosts will add there spin, ads, pop ups and extra cost.

I posted pictures under the old way all the time. Now I just text or email pictures when needed.

The cool thing about some of the sites,.they let you upload fast and easy from the phone. My hunting site we upload live hunting and fishing pictures.
    It is cool to see the as it happens live action. Live from the range, from the boat or hunting blind...
    MR. GADGET
    NRA LIFE BENEFACTOR MEMBER
    Rowan Artillery
    N-SSA National Provost Guard

Just remember!
    When a pot needs stirring, someone needs to do it...

Region:
    Deep South - Georgia, Louisiana, Tennessee, Mississippi and Texas
    I do not like to internet from a phone, as I do not like typing on a screen. In fact, I went and bought a $25 bluetooth keyboard to use with my phone as my son's Boy Scout patrol likes to use group text messages to communicate. Hate it, but with the keyboard now it's easy.

Anyway.

In order to share images on the internet, you must first upload them to a computer permanently connected to the internet. Some BB systems allow direct upload to their computer system, but that takes up space on their server, and consequently they normally scale down the pictures.

The absolute, hands-down, best picture sharing server on the internet is www.imgur.com.

This site requires no login to use. It is free. It is super simple. You simply click "New Post", and then drag your photos from Windows Explorer onto the Imgur screen.

Then you share either the URL to the entire album (copy/paste URL at top of screen), or you can click on each picture and get the URL for them individually.

The link to an album looks like this :

https://imgur.com/a/IBoUec1

The link to the individual picture is:

https://i.imgur.com/r4Vax3c.gif

There is no need to resize the image! There is a TRICK! If you add S, M, or L right before the "." in the file name, imgur will automatically give you a small, medium, or large picture!

https://i.imgur.com/r4Vax3cs.gif
    https://i.imgur.com/r4Vax3cm.gif
    https://i.imgur.com/r4Vax3cl.gif

Now you will notice that the above are just URLs - hyperlinks that you can click on.

That's nice, but how do you get them to show up as pictures in your post?

Click on the Picture button above (Insert Image). The choose Remote URL, and uncheck the box to "Retrieve remote file and reference locally".

Or, put
    HTML Code:
     [img]
    in front of the URL, and
    HTML Code:
    [/img]
    after the URL, like this:

HTML Code:
    [img]https://i.imgur.com/r4Vax3cs.gif[/img]
    With a phone, I typically plug it into my PC with a USB cable, then copy and paste the pictures to my PC, and then I can use the internet normally as above.

Steve
    Steve Sheldon
    Commander
    4th Louisiana Delta Rifles
    NRA Certified Muzzleloading Instructor

Team:
    Tammany Regiment, 42nd New York
    Region:
    New England - New York, Connecticut, New Jersey and Massachusetts
    Thanks, Steve:

Teamwork. Much appreciate the spoon feeding.
    Fits with my drooling. Haha.

AND, even more important is that NOW this solution is available HERE, if searched. Wow.

Will show your kind work to my techy.

Kevin