Thread: WTB PH Whitworth

Region:
    Allegheny - Maryland, Pennsylvania, West Virginia and Virginia

WTB PH Whitworth

Looking for Parker Hale Whitworth with factory accessories. Prefer a shooter to a NIB but interested in any condition. I'm spitting distance from Harper's Ferry in Occupied Maryland.

Region:
    THANKS RAIDERANV! If it hadn't been for your warning I may have put money in the mail to a possible scammer. Thanks again!
    Last edited by Occupied Maryland; 02-12-2020 at 10:37 PM.

Region:
    Thanks to all who read my ad. Jumped on one today right after it was listed for sale. This one is coming from a reputable dealer. Now to get a hexagonal bullet mold and get to casting. Can't wait to litter my Civil War battleground property with my newly fired Whitworth's for future relic hunters to go nuts over. After gleaning the range area clear of actual CW bullets my brother and I are putting .36,.44 balls, new Minies and Richmond Lab Sharps bullets into the woods. I would love to dig a real Whitworth bullet, a few have been found locally by fellow relic hunters but not me Of course the beautiful Virginia Sword plate I dug helps to ease that pain.

John Holland is offline Moderator
    Team:
    44th NY Volunteer Infantry
    00973V
    Region:
    Northeast- New York
    Period tests showed that the Cylindrical projectile with the hollow base was actually more accurate than the Hexagonal projectile.

Team:
    Visitor (non-N-SSA Member)
    NA
    Region:
    Visitor

That’s interesting

I’ll have to try that too, but need a mold. The hex bullets are great! Excellent shooting gun. I bought mine mold n all from DGW. I still wanna our a brass scope on the left side of mine. Mine that I shoot is Pedersoli

Paul

Team:
    00973V
    Region:
    Northeast- New York
    Occupied Maryland - Well, it sounds as if you and your brother are having a lot of fun, and that's what it is all about! The ladder on the original Whitworth Rifles is double-graduated with one leg marked "H" for Hexagonal, ad the other leg marked "C" for the cylindrical projectile. The reason being, of course, is because both bullets shot differently form each other so the sight required graduations for each bullet. The Pedersoli hexagonal mould from DGW is very well done and worth the price. No one has yet to make a copy of the cylindrical bullet. There is a Face Book page dedicated to Whitworth Rifles and the shooting them, at "Whitworth Rifle enthusiasts". and, yes, the word "enthusiasts" is lower case in their title header! There's a lot of fascinating information on that page for anyone who is interested in the Whitworth.

Team:
    Visitor (non-N-SSA Member)
    NA
    Region:
    Visitor
    Quote Originally Posted by Occupied Maryland View Post
    THANKS RAIDERANV! If it hadn't been for your warning I may have put money in the mail to a possible scammer. Thanks again!
    If there's a Whitworth rifle scam out there, maybe we should hear enough details to try and avoid it ourselves! Thanks!

Team:
    00973V
    Region:
    Northeast- New York
    It wasn't a "Whitworth Scam" specifically, it was an individual who was replying to multiple posts by people looking for specific items. The Scammer claimed to have exactly what each individual was looking for....just send him $XXXXX$.