Thread: For Sale - I.A.B. 1853 Sharps Saddle Ring Carbine

Region:
    None

For Sale - I.A.B. 1853 Sharps Saddle Ring Carbine

I.A.B. 1853 Sharps Saddle Ring Carbine

SHARPS RIFLES manufactured by I. A. B. (Industria Armi Bresciane), in Marcheno, Italy, are assembled and finished just as they were over 100 years ago.
    They are perfect recreations of the original in every respect including stocks made from select European walnut and quality rifling made with precision broaching equipment. All I.A.B. rifles are assembled by hand and finished to the exacting requirements necessary to win approval by the Italian Proof House. This assures all customers a quality firearm which meets stringent Italian requirements for safety and function.
    The SHARPS RIFLE has long been known for its accuracy beginning in the American Civil War and continuing up through the buffalo hunts and long range shooting competitions popular during the late nineteenth century. There is no wonder the frontiersmen named it "Old Reliable" and American Indians referred to it as the gun that would "shoot today and kill tomorrow". Both descriptions attest to its dependability and long range accuracy. Today's competition shooters, hunters, and living-historians can relive many of the thrills their forefathers experienced by owning this magnificent firearm.
    This carbine closely resembles the Confederate "Robinson Sharps" in that it has a lock profile without the provision for the pellet primer mechanism. It features a European walnut buttstock and forearm with a satin finish with a 3" drop and 14" trigger pull. The overall length is 39 1/2" and total weight is 7 3/4 lbs. It is also N/SSA approved.
    The 54 caliber blued barrel is 22 1/4" long. It is tapered round 1.225" at breech to 13/16" at muzzle. The button rifling is .006" deep, with a 1-48" twist. The 7 lands measure .540" and 7 grooves measure .552". The front sight is steel stud base and silver blade, rear sight is steel flip-up with elevator to 800 yards. The 5/16x20 nipple uses standard musket caps with a normal loading of 50 grains FFFg black powder and .544 conical bullet.
    The single trigger, single barrel band, saddle bar with ring are blued. The lock, receiver and buttplate are beautifully color casehardened.

Price: $650.00

foxfirerodandgun@yahoo.com

(804) 513-5876

"I think we have more machinery of government than is necessary, too many parasites living on the labor of the industrious."
    --Thomas Jefferson, letter to William Ludlow, 1824

Region:
    None

Re: For Sale - I.A.B. 1853 Sharps Saddle Ring Carbine

TTT
    "I think we have more machinery of government than is necessary, too many parasites living on the labor of the industrious."

Region:
    None

Re: For Sale - I.A.B. 1853 Sharps Saddle Ring Carbine

TTT