Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Lobby Day in Richmond

Team:
    34th Battalion Virginia Cavalry
    3020V
    Region:
    New England - New York, Connecticut, New Jersey and Massachusetts

Lobby Day in Richmond

Monday, January 20, 2020, is Lobby Day at the State Capital in Richmond VA. I urge any members of the N-SSA to attend if possible. The proposed laws the Democrats are pushing will put a damper on all shooting sports in The Commonwealth of Virginia. While we don't use AR15, Mini 14s, etc. at the Fort, we do use black powder. While BP is not under attack YET, how long do you think it would take for the liberal lawmakers to come after US.

It's going to cold, but I'll be there.
    Gil Davis Tercenio
    # 3020V
    34th Battalion, Virginia Cavalry
    Great, great grandson of Cpl Elijah S Davis, Co I, 6th Alabama Inf CSA

Team:
    Palmetto Sharpshooters
    5795V
    Region:
    Carolina - North Carolina and South Carolina
    they are after ranges in this round though.......
    Never squat with yer spurs on!!!

Pat "PJ" Kelly #5795V
    Virginny & Texas
    540-878-8024

MAYNARDS RULE!! & starr's DROOL!
    Hence the rust. MAYNARDAE LAUS DEO!

Team:
    34th Battalion Virginia Cavalry
    3020V
    Region:
    There was also a proposed bill that concerned banning "military training." The way it was written was so vague, it could have affected re-enactments and the N-SSA.
    Gil Davis Tercenio
    # 3020V
    34th Battalion, Virginia Cavalry
    Great, great grandson of Cpl Elijah S Davis, Co I, 6th Alabama Inf CSA

Team:
    3rd US Regular Infantry
    Region:
    Middle Atlantic - New York, Pennsylvania and New Jersey

Stand tall and proud and show professionalism.

Stay safe, stay vertical and do not appear on the Nightly News.

True Blue and Diamond Hard,
    Harry
    3rd US
    03626v

Region:
    Deep South - Georgia, Louisiana, Tennessee, Mississippi and Texas
    I watched via various live streams.

Many live streams were shut down as I watched by YouTube for "violating community standards". No doubt this was due to trolls and agitators reporting the streams and YouTube automated algorithms responding.

Nonetheless it was troubling how coverage of this very important political event was stifled.

It was distressing how the best live stream feed was from Ruptly (funded by the Russian government).

I was glad to see everyone avoiding the fenced-off area and open carrying on the streets surrounding.
    Looked like thousands of people. I was glad to see minorities represented also. I also did not see any confederate or nazi flags, which is good also.

Team:
    Dismal Swamp Rangers
    Region:
    Tidewater - Virginia and North Carolina

Lobby Day In Richmond

My son attended today and said he never felt more safe. The local news estimated 20,000 people with only one arrest, a woman who refused to take off a face mask when directed by police 3 times. If you search Wavy News 10 the coverage has been favorable. HL

Team:
    24th Georgia Volunteer Infantry
    Region:
    Carolina - North Carolina and South Carolina
    As American citizens, we all have the Right to peacefully assemble to protest actions by the government. I am glad that the protest in Richmond was a peaceful one.

Virginians now must wait until the next election cycle to come around until they can retire (via the ballot box) those radical Democrats from office, or until (if and when) the courts declare those anti-gun/anti-freedom laws unconstitutional.

Team:
    1st Pennsylvania Cavalry
    01247V
    Region:
    Middle Atlantic - New York, Pennsylvania and New Jersey
    Just watch what the courts mind say. I don't trust the courts in this matter.

Region:
    Deep South - Georgia, Louisiana, Tennessee, Mississippi and Texas
    It's going to take a real, non-wishy-washy Supreme Court ruling or an act of Congress.

Scalia was too vague in Heller. By defining the arms people can keep and bear as ones that are not "unusual", as opposed to "ones suitable for militia service", it has now left the door open for restrictions on arms like the AR15.

The second amendment needs to be recognized by the court as a law that specifically protects the right of the people to keep and bear arms suitable for militia duty. This means weapons of war. The second amendment clearly states that the primary purpose for keeping and bear arms is militia service.

Alternatively, Congress can pass an updated Militia Act. The first Militia Act of 1792 specifically listed the kinds of arms and equipment people were supposed to provide for themselves for militia service. This was the same arms and equipment that the regular army used.

Congress could pass another Militia Act that specifically and unquestionably lists arms suitable for militia duty.

Of course this is dangerous ground because as soon as you get an anti-gun Congress they will pass a new Militia Act that specifies slingshots as the only militia-suitable weapons.

The second amendment is not about hunting. It's not even particularly about self-defense. It's not about weapons that are "usual" or "in common use". Every new weapon was not usual or in common use when it was brand new. The second amendment is a military provision.

Team:
    15th Connecticut Volunteer Infantry
    2078V
    Region:

I was There

I was on one of the buses from Fairfax Rod & Gun Clubthat went to Richmond on Jan. 20. Someof us got in to see our newly elected Democratic delegate, Dan Helmer. While we were able to get our points acrossand Del. Helmer was very polite, I doubt we managed to alter his views. Since we had to stand in line on the street(in the cold) for about 45 minutes just to get in the office building, by thetime we got back out on the street the Capitol grounds were packed and it wasimpossible to get close to the ongoing rally. We mingled with the well-armed but well-mannered crowd on the streets andthen found a place to get lunch where the line was at least indoors. I?d estimate the crowd was at least 20,000if not 25,000. One thing I will try toempress upon my representatives in Richmond is that what they saw was only thetip of the iceberg. Less than 10% of theFairfax Rod & Gun membership were on those buses and I?d bet that was trueof other clubs. Richmond police wereout in force but very accommodating. Despite media inspired predictions of Nazis and white supremaciststrying to steal some attention and perhaps instigate violence, I did not seeany such activity. We at leastdemonstrated that we were all non-violent and not really the problem that theGovernor and many Democrats would like to believe. They are the real problem, trying to burdenlawful gun owners with restrictions that will have little, if any, impact oncrime and violence. Their measures offeronly a false sense of security and perhaps a more sinister agenda. If they can?t trust the public, they do notdeserve the public trust. If you are aVirginia resident please continue to bombard your representatives in Richmond withletters, emails and phone calls. Time isof the essence.
    Jim Burgess