Thread: WTS: Original Colt revolvers and a derringer

Team:
    Visitor (non-N-SSA Member)
    NA
    Region:
    Visitor

WTS: Original Colt revolvers and a derringer

For sale...

I have the following original Colts for sale. None are advertised for shooting, though all may become shootable with a little love. I, like many of us, are absolute fanatics of this time period's firearms, but these will just sit in my gunsafe for eternity and unviewed or shared with others. So offered here for anyone who wants to own a piece of history or wants to restore and see what they become.

1849 Pocket pistol. All the original bluing has worn, but it is in otherwise nice shape. The barrel is a bit lose to the receiver, and the barrel wedge screw does not appear original. I expect a competent smith like Lodgewood could find a way to tighten things up. But superb display piece. $600 shipped

Colt Root Revolver. Neat little pistol. Appears to time and function well. $700 shipped

2nd Model Derringer. Neat rimfire. This one might be shootable right now. Pretty tight. But a nice display or conversation piece. $350 shipped.

3rd Model Dragoon. In nice condition these are the holy grail it seems. But this is not a $5000 revolver. It's got its wear, the action needs a little love, and I am not convinved the barrel is numbers matching to the rest. Hard to read the serial number. But it is all original and a 3rd model dragoon... $1600 shipped.
    Last edited by buckandball; 01-07-2020 at 11:59 PM.
    They had Kings and Queens, We had a flag.

Team:
    NA
    Region:
    Visitor
    Rest of above... apparently I can only post 4 pics in a single post...

1860 Army. Pretty nice revolver for the age. Also, while Colt could not tell my dad any particular info on the rest of the these due to the fire that wiped out their records a long time ago, this particular revolver is documented by Colt to have been shipped to the US Gov't in Washington DC on 25 July 1862. So kind of cool being a documetned war time U.S. revolver. $1950 shipped.

I am woefully out of touch with current values of original Colts. I desire to sell to someone who will appreciate them. I will happily send any additional pictures, videos, and information you seek. Best way is to email me directly at ben.w.grant "at" gmail "dot" com and I will get back to you as quick as I can. My "day job" has something to do with leading a squadron of US Marines, so I get busy at times... but please don't hesitate to ask and I will get back to you. If my pricing is way off the mark for actual value, let me know and I will consider offers. Or, if I am short selling myself and someone wants to point that out...

Regards

Ben

Team:
    NA
    Region:
    Visitor
    I appreciate the trade inquiries, but seeking to sell only. Will consider offers.

thanks!

Ben