Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Push For Rule Change of Electricity Use at Fort

Region:
    Allegheny - Maryland, Pennsylvania, West Virginia and Virginia
    At work we use a lot of electric units that need to be charged at night. 10amps over 200 feet will melt the receptical the cord is plug in to. See it every day. 20 Amps over 200 feet is an 8 guage extention cord which makes a generator look cheap and needs to be plugged in to a 30amp receptacle.
    This Idea will become very costly. Some day it may be feasible to have camper hook ups as long as we have enough of every camp site.
    but first we need hook ups for all the mandated electric cars coming
    Lost

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

Region:
    Potomac - Virginia, Maryland and Delaware
    There has been some miscommunication about my recent submission for the January Board meeting.

The request put before the Board asking for a reconsideration of rule 37.5.2. was composed and submitted by me and me alone; not my team, nor my Region.

I wanted the board to consider allowing members with personal medical devices to charge them in the restrooms to make their time at the fort more enjoyable; the unintended consequences of 37.5.2. prohibited such.
    Kenneth Stiles
    0526V
    9th Virginia Cavalry
    Potomac Region

MR. GADGET is offline Moderator
    Team:
    Rowan Artillery
    11873V
    Region:
    Tidewater - Virginia and North Carolina
    If there is that much of a need,.I will look into buying some Honda Generators that can be rented out for charging medical equipment, phones, batteries, games and tools.
    Or run a charging station at my camp site.
    MR. GADGET
    NRA LIFE BENEFACTOR MEMBER
    Rowan Artillery

Just remember!
    When a pot needs stirring, someone needs to do it...

Team:
    Washington Blue Rifles
    Region:
    Potomac - Virginia, Maryland and Delaware
    Really? We need all that extra noise. for five years I could not sit in my campsite because a guy in the team next to us had no muffler on his Generator.

EVENTUALLY he bought a "modern one" but before that the rules said he could have a generator and they did not have anything that seemed to cover screwing with other TEAMS with your noise.

I guess it does not bother most Skirmishes considering their ages and ability to HEAR but it sure was crappy for me.

DPB

Quote Originally Posted by jonk View Post
    Remember the information booth permits you to charge your devices there for free. Just bring your charger.

Someone plugging in a cell phone charger for an hour isn't an issue. It's the person that runs an electric cord to their camper and wants full service electricity.

My thought is... a lot of guys don't bring generators due to the weight and size of them. Even a small one takes up a lot of space when you drive a sedan or coupe to the shoots. Nor do guys want to leave their generator in the open at their campsite in the off season.

I think one option is for the N-SSA to buy a dozen generators (say 4 small, 4 medium, 4 big ones) and rent them out to teams that want them for shoots. Say $10 a day for a small one, $15 a day for a medium, $20 a day for a big one. You provide your own gas. A low end generator would pay for itself in rental fees in a few shoots, even a high end one would be paid off before the warranty was up. That done we could use the rental fees for whatever...

Modest up front investment that benefits the membership, long term minor source of income.
    David P. Baldwin

Team:
    34th Battalion Virginia Cavalry
    3020V
    Region:
    New England - New York, Connecticut, New Jersey and Massachusetts
    It wouldn't be good for a lot except maybe a cell phone, but I saw a solar lantern at Wal-Mart that has a USB port. Price was $10.
    Gil Davis Tercenio
    # 3020V
    34th Battalion, Virginia Cavalry
    Great, great grandson of Cpl Elijah S Davis, Co I, 6th Alabama Inf CSA

Region:
    Tidewater - Virginia and North Carolina
    Quote Originally Posted by ken stiles, 0526V View Post
    There has been some miscommunication about my recent submission for the January Board meeting.

The request put before the Board asking for a reconsideration of rule 37.5.2. was composed and submitted by me and me alone; not my team, nor my Region.

I wanted the board to consider allowing members with personal medical devices to charge them in the restrooms to make their time at the fort more enjoyable; the unintended consequences of 37.5.2. prohibited such.
    Ken - I have been using power operated ?medical? devices at the fort for over ten years. I can go 4-5 days if necessary without recharging. I?d be happy to share some solutions I?ve found. If you?d like to discuss please feel free to message me.

Thanks
    Don

Region:
    Allegheny - Maryland, Pennsylvania, West Virginia and Virginia
    Generators and inverters are cheaper, smaller an more efficient then just two years ago. Harbor freight is a good start. There equipment now can run any medical device and power tool. And no 100 foot cord. Why is this still a thing.

Lostinwestchester

Team:
    Palmetto Sharpshooters
    5795V
    Region:
    Carolina - North Carolina and South Carolina
    I know right?!?!
    Never squat with yer spurs on!!!

Pat "PJ" Kelly #5795V
    Virginny & Texas
    540-878-8024

MAYNARDS RULE!! & starr's DROOL!