Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Recruitment Ideas

Team:
    Visitor (non-N-SSA Member)
    NA
    Region:
    Visitor

Recruitment Ideas

Hi all. New here and not a member yet but trying to absorb all I can and loving what I see so far.

I did notice that the org does not have much of an E presence or current styled recruitment videos. I would say right now is the time to catch up as with Youtube as big as it is and especially now with a very popular Civil War based video game out there, interest is definitely there. Especially with the gamers. Thats a vast untapped market of younger potential recruits.

I know best advertising is word of mouth and getting folks to experience things get them talking about it. I would strongly urge looking into inviting some of the You tubers that could get you good exposure. Heck invite a few out for a shoot, bigger event the better, and let them try it and let them do their thing in their videos for their viewers to see. Some of these guys have hundreds of thousands of subscribers. There is potential to reach tens of thousands of folks currently interested in Civil War martial activities.

Look up "War of Rights" on Youtube. It's popular. Look for videos from Pixelated Apollo (600k+ subscribers) General Cody, and Calibrated Core are the most popular gamers doing videos on this game. Each gets thousands of views on each Civ War game, mostly they get tens of thousands of views on them.

I don't know if the N-SSA has a budget for promoting its longevity but it might be worth getting those guys to an event.

Just an idea. If wrong section please moveit , I wasn't sure where to post this.

Region:
    Carolina - North Carolina and South Carolina
    Good idea Trooper! Got any recommendations on anyone we can contact? I would venture to say that 80% of the membership hardly knows what Youtube is no less ever posted (guilty on the later half)...

BTW: What state are you located in? If you're interested in joining, then let folks know where you're located and you'll get lots of invitations!

-Mike
    Mike 'Bootsie' Bodner
    Palmetto Sharpshooter's, Commander
    9996V

Team:
    NA
    Region:
    Visitor
    Thanks. Those YouTube usernames are current. I cna look into getting contact info but it would be better from official folks. As far as my area? I am in South Florida, no one else really down this way apparently. I am buying some land near Ga though and have friends I served with that want to do it. Hopefully will have a team within the year. I want to promote the heck out of it sl I have lots of locals to practice with and compete against and to make sure the sport is alive for my grandkids to enjoy.

Team:
    Tammany Regiment, 42nd New York
    Region:
    New England - New York, Connecticut, New Jersey and Massachusetts
    There are Skirmishers living in Florida. Maybe not a team, but several individuals. Where are you?
    Lou Lou Lou Ruggiero
    Tammany Regt-42nd NYVI

Region:
    Carolina - North Carolina and South Carolina
    Ah, I see the names now - and understand!

Nearest southern ranges are briarfield Alabama and Statesville NC.

Thanks again for the idea!
    Mike 'Bootsie' Bodner
    Palmetto Sharpshooter's, Commander
    9996V

Team:
    Old Dominion Dragoons
    Region:
    Tidewater - Virginia and North Carolina
    Trooper 325,
    I live in Fernandina Beach, which is 30 minutes south of the GA line.
    When you come up here, I'll be glad to go shooting with you.
    At least you'll be able to try out a different rifle, carbine, and revolver.
    Charlie Gerringer
    Old Dominion Dragoons

Team:
    NA
    Region:
    Visitor
    Quote Originally Posted by CAGerringer View Post
    Trooper 325,
    I live in Fernandina Beach, which is 30 minutes south of the GA line.
    When you come up here, I'll be glad to go shooting with you.
    At least you'll be able to try out a different rifle, carbine, and revolver.
    Charlie Gerringer
    Old Dominion Dragoons
    Thanks. I actually have buddy up there that I showed some vids to and he is pumped to get started.

Region:
    Deep South - Georgia, Louisiana, Tennessee, Mississippi and Texas
    The N-SSA made a new recruiting video just a few years ago (2016):

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mOi9etvUlaU

This is the old one:
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Mp1qho8DLuw

The newer video has better production quality, but I prefer the old video as I feel it gives a more comprehensive overview of what the organization does. It has a more "documentary" feel to it.

It's a tough row to how starting up an N-SSA presence where there is currently none. To get from northwestern Florida to Brierfield, AL is about 3 and a half hours, which is not terrible. To get from northeastern Florida to Eatonton, GA, is about 4.5 hours. Again, not terrible, but pushing it.

But to get from northeastern Florida to Brierfield is about 8 hours, and to get from northwestern Florida to Eatonton is about 6 hours.

But if you live in South Florida, it's prohibitively far to drive to the nearest ranges.

You really need to come up with about 50 people in Florida to give birth to a new region.

Steve

Region:
    Potomac - Virginia, Maryland and Delaware
    My father lived in Orlando for about five years. There are quite a few Skirmishers in Florida...but they are members of units further up north.

WRT videos, I'd like to make a series of training videos covering basic range procedures and safety.
    Support the USIMLT! Help your fellow Skirmishers go for the gold! www.usimlt.com

Team:
    NA
    Region:
    Visitor
    Do you guys have flyers in various historic sites and battlefields? Such as brochures that other groups or attractions do? Has it ever been done?