Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Cataract surgery and sight picture

Team:
    1st Pennsylvania Cavalry
    01247V
    Region:
    Middle Atlantic - New York, Pennsylvania and New Jersey

Eye Pal

Eye Pal does not stay on the lens like it should. I purchased the product and while using it the eye piece fell off and no where to be found (windy day). I started making my own using a gasket punch kit with different size punches using black electric tape, then using a leather punch (smallest one) for the aperture hole. I make several that i placed on a piece of plastic so when I am ready use them i just select one and peel it off the plastic and then install it on the eye glass lens. I found if u cut a small strip u can secure it to the piece and fold over to act as a piece that u can use it to pull it off the plastic and lens.

Region:
    Potomac - Virginia, Maryland and Delaware
    They're out of stock at the moment, but Champion's Choice carries the Gehmann iris.
    Support the USIMLT! Help your fellow Skirmishers go for the gold! www.usimlt.com

Team:
    Visitor (non-N-SSA Member)
    NA
    Region:
    Visitor

clear shooting glasses

Does anyone have a recommendation for some quality clear or amber shooting glasses with no prescription? After cataract surgery recently, and having been on the range a bit, I think shooting glasses with no correct will work best for me. I find the distance shooting, the targets are very clear and distinct. The sights less so, but I think I can improve shooting accuracy with a good set of clear or amber lenses. Any recommendations? Thanks

Region:
    Northeast- New York
    SafetyglassesUSA.com found on line, states they are Veteran owned. Mike

Team:
    1st New Jersey Light Artillery
    11416V
    Region:
    Middle Atlantic - New York, Pennsylvania and New Jersey

Smile Sight Correction

A quick sight correction piece can be made by wearing a pair of shooting glasses and going into the shooting position. Have someone put a small dot on the glasses with a felt tip pen exactly where your eye is. This locates the hole in the dot. Get a small sticky dot or piece of tape and use a very small punch or hand held drill bit and put a tiny hole in it. You can enlarge the hole if needed. Center the hole where the felt dot is (where it was-clean it off first) and look through the hole. If it works for you get a EYEPRO or old stock Merit and have fun. Leave it on if you wish, it's almost free.
    I gave this tip to many students when I was a Hunter Education Instructor and it was effective. Good shooting.

Team:
    34th Battalion Virginia Cavalry
    3020V
    Region:
    New England - New York, Connecticut, New Jersey and Massachusetts
    Quote Originally Posted by keweenaw View Post
    Does anyone have a recommendation for some quality clear or amber shooting glasses with no prescription? After cataract surgery recently, and having been on the range a bit, I think shooting glasses with no correct will work best for me. I find the distance shooting, the targets are very clear and distinct. The sights less so, but I think I can improve shooting accuracy with a good set of clear or amber lenses. Any recommendations? Thanks
    The human eye cannot focus on three planes at the same time. When we are young, it APPEARS that we can, but it is due to the eye is switching focus almost simultaneously from rear sight to front sight to the target and back. As we age, this ability goes away. You want to focus on your front sight, with both the rear sight and the target blurred. Back a few years ago, I had to qualify three times yearly for work and my scores were going down. I went to my eye doctor and explained where I needed my focal point to be. I got new glasses and my scores went back up.
    Gil Davis Tercenio
    # 3020V
    34th Battalion, Virginia Cavalry
    Great, great grandson of Cpl Elijah S Davis, Co I, 6th Alabama Inf CSA