Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: N-SSA Membership - Nationals Survey 2019

Team:
    6th Pennsylvania Cavalry
    Region:
    Middle Atlantic - New York, Pennsylvania and New Jersey

N-SSA Membership - Nationals Survey 2019

We hope everyone had a great 140th Nationals and made it home (or to another destination for some relaxation) safely!

If you haven't had a chance to take the Nationals Survey yet, please click here - https://nssanationals.questionpro.com/ - and give us some feedback - not necessarily specific to the 140th, but about the National Skirmishes in general.

The survey will only be open until October 31, so please let us know your thoughts before then!

If you have any questions or issues accessing the survey, please email us at nssaprogramchair@gmail.com.

Thank you,
    Lynn Warner and Jason Rexcrode
    N-SSA Program Co-Chairs

**Note: For the best user experience, we recommend using a tablet or larger device (laptop/PC) as the survey program isn't terribly mobile friendly.**
    Last edited by warnerl1; 10-21-2019 at 02:49 PM. Reason: Hyperlink edit

Team:
    6th Pennsylvania Cavalry
    Region:
    To date we have received 212 surveys--thank you to everyone who has taken the online survey or mailed us a paper version (yes, we received three so far and they have been entered)!

While this is a great number, it represents fewer than 10% of our membership. There are two weeks left before we close the survey for analysis - be sure to make your thoughts known!

Survey Link: https://nssanationals.questionpro.com/

If you have already taken the survey but know of team members who aren't tech savvy, attached is a printable version that can be shared.
    2019 Membership Nationals Survey.pdf

If they like to chat on the phone, you could also just ask them the questions while you submit the online version for them

As always, please contact nssaprogramchair@gmail.com if you have any questions or concerns regarding the survey or the Nationals program.

Thank you, again!

N-SSA Program Co-Chairs

Quote Originally Posted by warnerl1 View Post
    We hope everyone had a great 140th Nationals and made it home (or to another destination for some relaxation) safely!

If you haven't had a chance to take the Nationals Survey yet, please click here - https://nssanationals.questionpro.com/ - and give us some feedback - not necessarily specific to the 140th, but about the National Skirmishes in general.

The survey will only be open until October 31, so please let us know your thoughts before then!

If you have any questions or issues accessing the survey, please email us at nssaprogramchair@gmail.com.

Thank you,
    N-SSA Program Co-Chairs

**Note: For the best user experience, we recommend using a tablet or larger device (laptop/PC) as the survey program isn't terribly mobile friendly.**

Team:
    56th Pennsylvania Volunteer Infantry
    7463V
    Region:
    To date we have received 212 surveys--thank you to everyone who has taken the online survey or mailed us a paper version (yes, we received three so far and they have been entered)!

While this is a great number, it represents fewer than 10% of our membership. There are two weeks left before we close the survey for analysis - be sure to make your thoughts known!

Survey Link: https://nssanationals.questionpro.com/

If you have already taken the survey but know of team members who aren't tech savvy, attached is a printable version that can be shared.
    2019 Membership Nationals Survey.pdf

If they like to chat on the phone, you could also just ask them the questions while you submit the online version for them

As always, please contact nssaprogramchair@gmail.com if you have any questions or concerns regarding the survey or the Nationals program.

Thank you, again!

N-SSA Program Co-Chairs
    It a shame that you did so much work to hear from the members of the NSSA on what direction we would like it to go but little have replied. This page is always filled with ideas but your post states little have replied. I guess many can't see their posting in lights. I conclude if "MY IDEAS" must be in lights before I post! Lynn and Jason. Thank you for your efforts and hope many have not read your message yet.

Team:
    48th Virginia Infantry
    10407V
    Region:
    Central Virginia - Virginia and North Carolina
    Quote Originally Posted by Pat McGinness 7463V View Post
    It a shame that you did so much work to hear from the members of the NSSA on what direction we would like it to go but little have replied. This page is always filled with ideas but your post states little have replied. I guess many can't see their posting in lights. I conclude if "MY IDEAS" must be in lights before I post! Lynn and Jason. Thank you for your efforts and hope many have not read your message yet.
    Pat sadly you're right but I also think that a lot of the membership is computer or technology challenged. Whether that speaks to the aging of our membership or basic complacency I hesitate to guess but just based on my interactions it seems to be largely the technology challenged angle. I really hope it's not complacency that's the cause.
    R. Harrison
    Commander
    48th Virginia Infantry
    "Mountain Boomers"
    PSALMS 144 1-9

Team:
    6th Pennsylvania Cavalry
    Region:
    Communication does seem to be key. As of 10:38 PM ET on October 20, 2019, there are 308 completed surveys. An email went out to unit commanders this morning from the Executive Secretary (thank you, Judy!), and an additional 59 more surveys were received since. It seems that to reach membership, one needs to post flyers at Fort Shenandoah, make an announcement at the Nationals membership meeting, post on Facebook and this forum, and email as many individuals as possible...

I should say, however, that out of those 308, it seems that only 2 from each of your teams have responded to date (297 of the 308 did provide their Unit Number)...if you need paper copies, let me know
    Last edited by warnerl1; 10-20-2019 at 11:49 PM. Reason: Accuracy

Team:
    21st Virginia Infantry - Maryland Guard
    12085V
    Region:
    Chesapeake - Maryland, Virginia, Pennsylvania and Ohio
    Communication does seem to be key. An email went out to unit commanders this morning from the Executive Secretary (thank you, Judy!)
    Not all of them.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Paul Altland
    21st Va. Md Guard Co. B

Team:
    Palmetto Sharpshooters
    NA
    Region:
    Carolina - North Carolina and South Carolina
    Quote Originally Posted by PapaRob View Post
    Pat sadly you're right but I also think that a lot of the membership is computer or technology challenged. Whether that speaks to the aging of our membership or basic complacency I hesitate to guess but just based on my interactions it seems to be largely the technology challenged angle. I really hope it's not complacency that's the cause.
    I agree on the technochallenged comment but that is again a symptom of our larger problem of demographics of our membership. We need younger recruits to continue into the future. Kids and teens of today are very computer/tech savy especially compared to those 40 and older.

Keep working on the survey. We need more info to plan for the future.
    "A man can never have too much red wine, too many books, or too much ammunition"
    Rudyard Kipling

Team:
    6th Pennsylvania Cavalry
    Region:
    Paul, your email isn't in the Directory, so it probably went to your Adjutant - Edwin Thompson.

Quote Originally Posted by P.Altland View Post
    Not all of them.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Team:
    21st Virginia Infantry - Maryland Guard
    12085V
    Region:
    Chesapeake - Maryland, Virginia, Pennsylvania and Ohio
    Paul, your email isn't in the Directory, so it probably went to your Adjutant - Edwin Thompson.
    I don't know about other units, but if you leave the survey open, we could also pass the computer around as part of our Annual Membership Meeting in a few weeks.
    Paul Altland
    21st Va. Md Guard Co. B

Team:
    Tammany Regiment, 42nd New York
    Region:
    New England - New York, Connecticut, New Jersey and Massachusetts
    I'm sure 75% have smart phones.
    Lou Lou Lou Ruggiero
    Tammany Regt-42nd NYVI