Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: N-SSA Membership - Nationals Survey 2019

Team:
    6th Pennsylvania Cavalry
    Region:
    Middle Atlantic - New York, Pennsylvania and New Jersey
    In order to leave time to analyze the data and do any follow-up research that might be required, we're closing the survey on October 31. If paper surveys come in after that, we can add the data in, but the online version will be inaccessible. If you have members without a computer, feel free to call them while you're on the computer and type in their feedback for them.

Thanks!

Quote Originally Posted by P.Altland View Post
    I don't know about other units, but if you leave the survey open, we could also pass the computer around as part of our Annual Membership Meeting in a few weeks.

Team:
    6th Pennsylvania Cavalry
    Region:
    While that might be true, the software for the survey works best on a tablet or larger screen. Also, we're asking for several write-in comments, and using a smart phone "keyboard" might limit what people would otherwise type out on a normal keyboard. So, we recommend using a laptop/PC/Mac and not a smartphone.

That said, we'll take what we can get!

Quote Originally Posted by Lou Lou Lou View Post
    I'm sure 75% have smart phones.

Team:
    Tammany Regiment, 42nd New York
    Region:
    New England - New York, Connecticut, New Jersey and Massachusetts
    Lynn, pm sent
    Lou Lou Lou Ruggiero
    Tammany Regt-42nd NYVI

Team:
    6th Pennsylvania Cavalry
    Region:

If you're under 30yo, you probably don't care?

We have about 400 responses so far, and only 9 of them are from members who are under 30 years of age.

John Holland is offline Moderator
    Team:
    44th NY Volunteer Infantry
    00973V
    Region:
    Northeast- New York
    The lack of response from the "under 30 age group" is an interesting observation. I would suspect that they do not use the BB, or the N-SSA FB page. Or, are there just a small number of members in the less than 30 years of age group?

Region:
    Central Virginia - Virginia and North Carolina
    Based on the January Board Report from last year there are 236 members under 30...

We posted fliers, announced the survey at the membership meeting at Nationals, on Facebook, on this bulletin board, and emailed team commanders.

We can hypothesize reasons why people have not seen these announcements, but perhaps the best approach would be for members to reach out to their teammates and see if they have taken the time to complete the survey.

If individuals decide not to respond after those contacts, then their lack of response is telling and in itself a response.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

Region:
    Potomac - Virginia, Maryland and Delaware
    To be honest, I think there is also a bit of a frustration aspect. A sense that no matter what, nothing will change.
    Support the USIMLT! Help your fellow Skirmishers go for the gold! www.usimlt.com

Team:
    Tammany Regiment, 42nd New York
    Region:
    New England - New York, Connecticut, New Jersey and Massachusetts
    I could see that attitude in some of the senior folks, I would be surprised if it is in the under 30 yo group.
    Lou Lou Lou Ruggiero
    Tammany Regt-42nd NYVI

John Holland is offline Moderator
    Team:
    44th NY Volunteer Infantry
    00973V
    Region:
    Northeast- New York
    Lou.....there have only been 9 responses from the under age 30 group of members. That tells me something else much different.

Region:
    Deep South - Georgia, Louisiana, Tennessee, Mississippi and Texas
    I can tell you why I haven't responded. I don't know my number and I don't remember how long I've been a member. I'm sure both of those are probably on my card, but since I'm done skirmishing for the year, I just haven't dug it out. I normally do my surfing before work and during lunch, not so much at home. I tried to take the survey, but didn't have the necessary info handy, so I just haven't yet. I am not under 30. I have not been a member for very long compared to most. 3-4 years I'm guessing. Given some of the rhetoric I have seen on this forum from long time members, I do have doubts many changes will be made.

I am a private person. I am not a socialite. I don't care for crowds. From that standpoint, I'd really rather not go to Nationals. It's just too big to suit me. I'm much more comfortable at our regional skirmishes where I know most of the people and don't get lost in the shuffle. Not to mention, I don't have to drive 10 hours to get there and use up precious vacation days from work. THAT probably just pissed off a bunch of you, but it is how I feel. Again, I really like shooting with the N-SSA, but would be QUITE content to do it only at our regional shoots.