Thread: Mountain rifle cannon for sale

Region:
    Carolina - North Carolina and South Carolina

Mountain rifle cannon for sale

Mountain rifle cannon for sale

That small-bore stuff like muskets, Henrys, Sharps, Maynards, revolvers, smoothbores, etc. are just fine….challenging and rewarding….but size matters…..

I bought this cannon from Ken Winklepleck at Nationals a couple of years ago, and competed at one local skirmish and Wainwright in 2018. I paid him $7,500 and it came with just the cannon, an empty ammo chest, a bullet mold, a section of barrel liner, and a dowel for shaping charges. It is very accurate. The carriage is in great shape and the 2 ¼ inch diameter barrel was made by Bobby West.

I am now selling it with everything you need for competing included. Enough powder and rounds for three to five Wainwright shoots (approximately 60 three-pound soft lead bullets – that’s approximately 180 pounds of soft lead). Bullet mold. 2 inch diameter dowel for shaping charges. All needed implements are included – two red/yellow line marked rammers with sponges on the other end, a separate red/yellow line marked rammer that is the diameter of the bore for its full length, bore brush on a staff, linstock, slow-match, worm on a staff, ammo chest and lock, section of barrel liner for sizing and inspection, water bucket, containers for charges to be carried between the ammo chest and the firing line, custom firing-line box that doubles as a stand for the rammers and bore brush on the firing line and that is designed to carry all rammers/linstock/brush/tools/etc. up to the firing line in one load, all required new leathers only used twice (thumbstall, large ammo pouch, fuse pouch, vent pick and vent brush carrier), canvas gunners haversack, 3 pair of over the wrist welding gloves, vent pick, vent brush, two sets of sights, 250 special-ordered paper straws for making instant igniting fuses (I’ll show you how to make the fuses), metal cigar tubes for carrying fuses, crew duties and how to safely fire the cannon document, and a dolly for moving the cannon. I am selling all of the above for $9,000 OBO.

I also have a dual axel enclosed 16 foot trailer that is customized to haul the cannon. It includes rails and chocks on the floor, tie down points, rope, finished interior with white wainscoting walls, racks for organizing and hanging all cannon implements, ceiling, 1 and ½ inch thick plywood floor with decorative top layer resembling hard wood flooring, over six foot headroom, wired for 30 amp power, 30 amp power cord, awning, built in cabinets, fold down queen bed with mattress, new in 2018 16,000 BTU floor AC unit that will freeze you out of there even in August at Wainwright, side door, rear ramp, windows that open, locks and keys, insulation, screens for all openings, curtains, outlets, spare tire, and air vents on the sides and roof. The trailer is painted two-tone orange and black and the name HARLEY DAVIDSON runs the length of the trailer on both sides in large letters. There is also a heavy-duty motorcycle front wheel guide/chock that is included that bolts to the floorplate that is already installed for hauling a motorcycle instead of a cannon. Asking $6,000 OBO for the trailer.

I have lots of pictures so just contact me if you want to see any and I will email or text them to you.
    Email: barkerjl@hotmail.com
    Or text my cell number: nine one nine, six five six, four one three one.
    Thanks,
    John Barker
    Iredell Blues
    Last edited by barkerjl@hotmail.com; 01-14-2019 at 10:53 PM.

Team:
    34th Battalion Virginia Cavalry
    3020V
    Region:
    New England - New York, Connecticut, New Jersey and Massachusetts
    E-mail sent.
    Gil Davis Tercenio
    # 3020V
    34th Battalion, Virginia Cavalry
    Great, great grandson of Cpl Elijah S Davis, Co I, 6th Alabama Inf CSA