Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: I just noticed that the price of LEAD has dropped significantly recently.

Team:
    Washington Blue Rifles
    Region:
    Potomac - Virginia, Maryland and Delaware

I just noticed that the price of LEAD has dropped significantly recently.

So it looks like it is about a Dollar a pound.

SOURCE the London Metal Exchange, AKA: LME

Really it is about 95 cents a pound but after the upcharge and the shipping it will be somewhere around a $1.20, if my caculations are correct.

Of course you would have to buy a truckload which is about 44,000 lbs (or 20 tons and 52 Grand)

I will continue to monitor the price and post again if it drops any further.

The last truckload we got was around 30 Grand...

DPBaldwin
    David P. Baldwin

Region:
    Middle Atlantic - New York, Pennsylvania and New Jersey
    http://www.kitcometals.com/charts/le...cal_large.html

The spot price for last 24 hours is $.88 a pound. A price that we won't see with the amounts we usually buy. I sure wish we could at those prices! The trend over the past year is definitely falling prices.

Kurt
    Last edited by Kurt Lacko 7862; 12-01-2018 at 02:46 PM.

Team:
    24th Georgia Volunteer Infantry
    Region:
    Carolina - North Carolina and South Carolina

Here Is The Current Price of Lead

Team:
    2nd Maryland Artillery, CSA
    7100v
    Region:
    Fellas......where have u been? Andrew Maher has been selling for 1$ lb for the last 2 nationals....stalk out his thread here on the BB.......scroll back through.

Sent from my LG-LK460 using Tapatalk

Team:
    Region:

Sanders Lead Company of Troy, Alabama

Sanders Lead Company of Troy, Alabama sells lead in 60 pound ingots a the market price of lead on the day you purchase the lead. Minimum purchase: 1 ingot. Sanders does that as a kindness to individual shooters as some lead companies have a minimum purchase of 5,000 or more pounds.

Hence, Sanders Lead Company was selling their 60 pound ingots @ 89 Cents per pound a few days ago.

You can cut the individual 60 pound ingots up with a bandsaw to go into smaller lead pots. If you go the "cut them up" route, wear gloves and a breathing mask to protect yourself from lead dust in the air.

Another Option. Get a 40 pound capacity lead pot from Magma Engineering and suspend the ingot into the pot from a chain attached to an overhead block and tackle. 40 pounds of the lead will melt into the pot, leaving the remaining 20 pounds of the lead ingot unmelted and suspended above the pot.

Region:
    Quote Originally Posted by henrymstr View Post
    Fellas......where have u been? Andrew Maher has been selling for 1$ lb for the last 2 nationals....stalk out his thread here on the BB.......scroll back through.

Sent from my LG-LK460 using Tapatalk
    Thanks, yes I’ve been selling at the fort for a few years now. I go to both nationals and both potomac regional shoots. I sell sheet lead for $1 a pound. I also sell 99.99 percent lead ingots for $1.50 a pound.
    I sell lead the rest of the year, by appointment only, and it must be picked up in Frederick, Maryland. No shipping.
    If you are interested in purchasing any lead, or need more info from me please email me at: andrew@rwsheckles.com

As of today I have a few tons of sheet lead, and about 1,000 pounds in ingots, available.

Team:
    Washington Blue Rifles
    Region:

Thanks but....

So when I started skirmishing in 2000 I was buy bulk lead at 50 cents a pound but by about 2008 it was a BUCK FORTY and so when he economy tanked it went back down to 55 cents and I bought 44,000 pounds,

It would be better to say WE bought 22 tons as I collected cash from Skirmishers and got it at that price.

The point of my post is that if it drops to $30,000 for a truckload I would do it again.

Last time I had a 500 pound minimum and that was to much trouble so if I do it again it will be a TON minimum and skirmishers can go in together for each Pallet and divide it themselves.

DPB

DPB
    David P. Baldwin

Team:
    Region:
    When I started Skirmishing in the late 1960's you could purchase 25 pound pure lead ingots at any hardware store for next to nothing..

Of course, back in those days was before PVC plumbing pipes when plumbers used iron pipes and molten lead to seal them. PVC pipes made iron pipes virtually obsolete and hardware stores quit carrying lead in stock.

My local hardware store, Trapnell-Tomlinson Hardware in Metter, GA also carried FFFg DuPont black powder IN STOCK-WHY? Because local farmers fed black powder to their hogs to "worm" them!

AH! The 'Good Ole Days.....'

Region:
    Deep South - Georgia, Louisiana, Tennessee, Mississippi and Texas
    gonna have to make a lead run next week I think!

Region:
    WBR10654, please check your mailbox, I’ve sent you a PM.
    Thanks.