Thread: Selling/Building Wood Gun Carts

Team:
    Dulany Troop, 6th VA Cavalry
    13830 269-PT
    Region:
    Potomac - Virginia, Maryland and Delaware

Selling/Building Wood Gun Carts

The 1st Cart (Proto Type) Is Finally Completed. (Please see pics below in the comments).

I have decided to start building and selling Quality Wood Gun Carts. These carts will be custom built by myself here in Hagerstown MD. I am using pine to keep the cost low. They will be in the nature of $350 give or take. The prototype is still currently being built but hopefully will be completed in the next week. I am building these to help support the cost of Skirmishing. These carts are offered around half the price of other rifle/musket carts that I have seen on the internet or other various places. Please let me know if you are truely interested and I will have pics after the prototype is completed.

PS,
    I greatly appreciate all your intrest in my post about the Custom Rifle/Musket Carts that I am currently building. I have ran into a brief hiccup in my production of these carts. I have had a little trouble in finding Cart Wheels that are affordable. (Outside of Lowes, Home Depot, Tractor Supply and various other online distributers). I am currently working with one of these vendors/distributors and this process is taking a bit longer then I had thought it would. My intention is to custom build these carts so I can offer them at affordable prices to N-SSA members. Please bare with me a little longer while I work through this process.
    The carts that I am building from pine wood are and will be 100% convertable for transportation purposes, including being able to easily remove the 16" wheels. I am also offering them in a Army Green, Confederate Gray and a Union Blue. I also have 3 different styles of stenciling to offer as of now.
    1st - Charleston Arsenal SC with the Palmetto Tree in the center.
    2nd - From Richmond Arsenal 1863
    3rd - St Louis Arsenal
    The stenciling will be in white and both designs will have some kind of Cartridge Logo with it. I want these carts to be very unique with my own touch to them. If you have any other questions and concerns please feel free in contacting me directly. As I stated in my original post, I am trying to offer them at the $350 price point. Thank you and as soon as I complete the prototype I will have plenty of pics to share with anyone that is interested.
    Last edited by Unionboy Mike; 04-10-2019 at 10:12 AM. Reason: Updated Info

Region:
    Central Virginia - Virginia and North Carolina
    I would be intersted in one

Team:
    McGregor's 2nd Battery
    10106V
    Region:
    Mike, I'm interested, but need to know if it would easily fit in my little truck. Pics would help.
    John at McGregor's.

Region:
    New England - New York, Connecticut, New Jersey and Massachusetts

Cart

PM sent mike
    4th VA. inf.
    SCV member Gen. Patrick R. Cleburne camp #1433

Region:
    New England - New York, Connecticut, New Jersey and Massachusetts
    I would also be interested depending not the size. Pictures would be helpful

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Team:
    13830 269-PT
    Region:

Rifle/Musket Cart

I have finally finished my first cart. Here is what I have came up with. It is 100% convertible in that it can be broken down for transportation in a vehicle. I am also open to custom building the main box to suit ones needs. However there will be a small additional cost for this. The cart you see in the pics that I provided is a One Off Cart. I do not want to make another like it but I thought it would be good to post pics of it so you could get a general idea of what they look like.
    The price of the carts start at $350 and go up from there depending on how you want the main box built. If you are interested in one of my carts please PM me with a good contact number or Email address and we can go from there. Thank you for your patience while I built the cart. My main concern was to build a quality product that was affordable for skirmishers to purchase.

Name:  20190409_212213.jpg
Views: 489
Size:  1,011.9 KB
    Name:  20190409_212420.jpg
Views: 494
Size:  1,003.7 KB
    Name:  20190409_212458.jpg
Views: 488
Size:  1,021.9 KB
    Name:  20190409_212538.jpg
Views: 484
Size:  996.3 KB
    Name:  20190409_212600.jpg
Views: 453
Size:  998.6 KB

Team:
    13830 269-PT
    Region:

Rifle/Musket Cart

I have finally finished my first cart. Here is what I have came up with. It is 100% convertible in that it can be broken down for transportation in a vehicle. I am also open to custom building the main box to suit ones needs. However there will be a small additional cost for this. The cart you see in the pics that I provided is a One Off Cart. I do not want to make another like it but I thought it would be good to post pics of it so you could get a general idea of what they look like.
    The price of the carts start at $350 and go up from there depending on how you want the main box built. If you are interested in one of my carts please PM me with a good contact number or Email address and we can go from there. Thank you for your patience while I built the cart. My main concern was to build a quality product that was affordable for skirmishers to purchase.

Name:  20190409_212213.jpg
Views: 489
Size:  1,011.9 KB
    Name:  20190409_212420.jpg
Views: 494
Size:  1,003.7 KB
    Name:  20190409_212458.jpg
Views: 488
Size:  1,021.9 KB
    Name:  20190409_212538.jpg
Views: 484
Size:  996.3 KB
    Name:  20190409_212600.jpg
Views: 453
Size:  998.6 KB

Team:
    Visitor (non-N-SSA Member)
    NA
    Region:
    Visitor

Selling/Building Wood Gun Carts

That's a well made cart and as a wood worker myself I know the time and effort put in to a project like that. That is well worth the cost.