Hello, This is Tom Arliskas. I am working on a project survey for Shiloh National Park on the types of firearms, Rifles and Smootbores carried by both the Confederate and the Federal Armies. I have all the Federal Regiments, but the Confederates is more difficult to research. The following I have no information on-- and they remain an "unknown." Blythe's Mississippi Battalion, 20th Louisiana Infantry, 16th Louisiana Infantry, 21st Alabama Infantry, 25th Alabama Infantry, 2nd Texas Infantry. I have contacted the different different historical societies, and the different research books or histories of these States and Regiments and they remain silent.-- If you know where to look, please tell me, or if you have any information, please share it with me. This research has changed how we look at the Battle of Shiloh from a firearms perspective. It was not fought with smoothbores. The Federals had a distinct advantage in Rifles. The poor Confederates, at least 8 Regiments armed with civilian guns, shotguns, and common rifles. A lot of Hall's Rifles in flint, and a number of .69 Caliber smoothbores still in flint! Your Help is appreciated.

Tom Arliskas