For sale…

Terms, payment by USPS money order(s), bank check, or personal check (will wait to clear).
Not interested in any trades.

Gorgeous Pomeroy contract M1816 musket, made in 1838, Belgian conversion to percussion. This is one fine musket. The stock is amazing. Yes it has here and there light dinks, but all edges are proud and cartouches and a myriad of stamps are crisp. Same with all the metal. Only small spots of long since cleaned corrosion on the trigger guard. Otherwise, aside from what appears to be evidence of someone cleaning on the lock plate for some reason, the metal overall is bright and smooth. ZERO pitting or corrosion around the nipple bolster, and the bore is the same. I really am reluctant to sell this one, as it is so gorgeous, but I have an 1840 Pomeroy that I use for events. So this gem is excess to my needs… and my needs could use the money elsewhere… Also includes an excellent 1816 pattern bayonet (that cost $300 itself).

Additionally, I had The Rifle Shoppe install a lighter weight throw mainspring to be less abusive on the nipple bolster. Keep in mind, most flint to percussion conversions still retained the much heavier throw flint lock mainspring, which really whacks the hell out of the nipple. Though I never used this musket in an event nor snapped a cap, it is much more gentle on the action. That said, will include the original mainspring.

$1900 shipped or $1,850 cash face to face in Alexandria, Va.

Regards

Ben

More pics coming. Link for now...

https://i.imgur.com/lul4IWE.jpg?1