Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: childrens crusade

Team:
    4th North Carolina, Iredell Blues
    Region:
    Carolina - North Carolina and South Carolina
    Quote Originally Posted by John Holland View Post
    My wife and I are both Benefactor Life members of the NRA, and have been so for a long time.
    Life Member; Norman Horne-Iredell Blues.
    4th North Carolina, Iredell Blues, NRA "Lifer", Member SCV George Davis Camp 5.

Team:
    34th Battalion Virginia Cavalry
    3020V
    Region:
    New England - New York, Connecticut, New Jersey and Massachusetts
    Annual member beginning in '70s. Became a Life member in '83. Upgraded several times. Benefactor member since '07
    Gil Davis Tercenio
    # 3020V
    34th Battalion, Virginia Cavalry
    Great, great grandson of Cpl Elijah S Davis, Co I, 6th Alabama Inf CSA

Region:
    Visitor
    ​NRA member since 1960, became a life member in 1971, a Benefactor member for the past several years.
    Ron S.
    Formerly 6587V
    NRA Benefactor-Life
    Of all the things that I have lost it's my mind I miss the most.
    Great Grandson of William Gibson ( Canal boat builder ) ( 1862 Militia South Mountain )
    ( Co. C 116 Infantry, 106th Pennsylvania Regiment, Gettysburg
    Rev.22:20 - 1 Thessalonians 4: 16-17 The Best Is yet To Come

Team:
    34th Battalion Virginia Cavalry
    3020V
    Region:
    New England - New York, Connecticut, New Jersey and Massachusetts
    I am a member of the Smith & Wesson forum and the topic of NRA membership has come up several times. Not all of that forum membership belong to the NRA. While many members, including myself, feel that all gun owners, and anyone interested in liberty, should belong to the NRA, as of today, we have NOT tarred and feathered any non NRA members.
    Gil Davis Tercenio
    # 3020V
    34th Battalion, Virginia Cavalry
    Great, great grandson of Cpl Elijah S Davis, Co I, 6th Alabama Inf CSA

Team:
    1st Maryland Cavalry, CSA
    Region:
    Potomac - Virginia, Maryland and Delaware
    Quote Originally Posted by John Holland View Post
    I would be curious of the demographics of how many N-SSA members are also members of the NRA.
    John, I have been a life member of the NRA for many years . I may not always walk in perfect step with them. But We do agree on most things.
    JOHN H. GRAINGER
    1ST MD. CAV C.S.A.

STARR`S are better than Maynard`s in every way !
    STARR`S do not miss a target on skirmish day !

Region:
    Tidewater - Virginia and North Carolina

Children's Crusade

In my opinion, it would be very helpful to the future freedom, of our children, that each member of the NRA recruit an additional member today. Once they remove the 2d Amendment the 1st will be in the sights of those who seek to destroy the freedom we have fought for. I'm sickened by the shooting of so many innocent people. But I'm even more sickened by those using these horrible events to further their political objectives. Gary Pope PS. I 2d Mr. Gadget.
    Last edited by YOU DON'T KNOW ?; 02-23-2018 at 09:49 PM.

Team:
    Visitor (non-N-SSA Member)
    NA
    Region:
    Visitor
    I'm no longer a member of the N-SSA but continue to be a proud member of the NRA. The NRA is not responsible, in any way for mass shootings. The sensationalist media has blamed the NRA for incidents they neither cause, perpetrate, or defend. The NRA is simply a civil rights organization committed to the defense of the 2nd Amendment and constitutional liberty.

From what I've seen of the media coverage of the Florida tragedy, CNN doesn't believe in the 1st Amendment anymore than it does in the 2nd. The hostility directed at the NRA with cries of "burn her", would have pleased the most zealous and ignorant witch hunter. Witches don't exist. Scapegoats are created for political purposes and the exploitation of pain for power. Nero blamed Christians for the burning of Rome; Puritans blamed witches for the death of livestock, liberals blame the NRA for crimes its members don't commit. Hysteria is created by demagogues, and the media is the modern manifestation of the witch hunter.

You are very much mistaken if you think the anti-gun people may be compromised with. They don't want to ban the AR15. They want to START, banning AR15's as a "weapon of war" that no civilian should own. Such a description, so often repeated would legally jeopardize the very arms used by the N-SSA, which competes with the once highly lethal "weapons of war" used in the mid 19th century. Don't think for a moment that your antique and reproduction arms will be exempted by the gun grabbers.

My Long Land Musket, 1853 Enfield collection, Sniders, 1903 Springfields, M1Garands, were all once weapons of war. The AR15 by contrast never was, and yet to the ignorant and gun hating opposition it is the firearms equivalent of "The Black Death"

NRA members are the rationalists in a time of ignorance and uncontrolled emotionalism. Like Leonidas and the 300 Spartans we stand for freedom in opposition to the ignorance, weakness and hysteria of our political foes. All gun owners had best present a unified phalanx against our foes who seek to divide and conquer. They will take our guns before they can take our freedom, and once we have lost our freedom we will lose our souls to a system that seeks to make people dependent upon corrosive liberal ideology.
    Jim Cunningham
    A Giant Amongst Patriots

John Holland is offline Moderator
    Team:
    44th NY Volunteer Infantry
    00973V
    Region:
    Northeast- New York
    To All -

As a Bulletin Board Moderator I have been advised that many people feel this topic has run its course of meaningful discussion. Therefore, I have been instructed to close it. Thank you for your understanding.

John Holland