Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Pedersoli Lorenz? .

John Holland is offline Moderator
    Team:
    44th NY Volunteer Infantry
    00973V
    Region:
    Northeast- New York
    Knowing how competitive those FE boys are I can hardly wait for the results of their next skirmish!

Region:
    Visitor
    Does the N-SSA allow a Guinness before an event?
    As long as you stay on the other side of the creek.
    Ron S.
    Formerly 6587V
    NRA Benefactor-Life
    Of all the things that I have lost it's my mind I miss the most.
    Great Grandson of William Gibson ( Canal boat builder ) ( 1862 Militia South Mountain )
    ( Co. C 116 Infantry, 106th Pennsylvania Regiment, Gettysburg
    Rev.22:20 - 1 Thessalonians 4: 16-17 The Best Is yet To Come

Team:
    00973V
    Region:
    Northeast- New York
    39.3 USE OF ALCOHOLIC BEVERAGES,

b. The consumption of alcoholic beverages by any individual participating in an officially scheduled competitive event at any official skirmish is prohibited during the day on which the event occurs until the individual completes his participation in all such events for that day.

Team:
    24th Georgia Volunteer Infantry
    Region:
    Carolina - North Carolina and South Carolina

Dixiw Gun Works Pedersoli Lorenz

Here is the page on the DGW website advertising the Pedersoli Lorenz. Note that it is rather pricey:

https://www.dixiegunworks.com/index/...CUSSION+13.9MM

Team:
    00973V
    Region:
    Northeast- New York
    Eggman - Oh, I hoped as much, but the person who posted the question is an old time ex-member who left quite a few years ago. I still have my doubts that it may have been a real question hailing back to the old days of the pre-match "Group Tightner"! However, it isn't a bad reminder either way!

Team:
    Palmetto Sharpshooters
    5795V
    Region:
    Someone gave me a bottle of MD 20/20 KIWI one Nationals telling me it was "the BEST Group Tightener on the planet!" I tried to tell him I don't drink plus I shoot a Maynard. He stuck it in my haver sack at the barn dance anyway. I still have it unopened from decades ago. Any collectors value??? I probably oughta jus ask Knapp's
    Never squat with yer spurs on!!!

Pat "PJ" Kelly #5795V
    Virginny & Texas
    540-878-8024

MAYNARDS RULE!! & starr's DROOL!
    Hence the rust. MAYNARDAE LAUS DEO!

Team:
    00973V
    Region:
    Northeast- New York
    PJ - Taking into consideration that the MD 20/20 Kiwi has been out of production for a number of years now, and it is rumored that it was taken out of production in frustration by Mogen David because they couldn't keep up with Knap's consumption of it, I would put a Gold Bow around it and present it to Jim Brady. They may even get master woodworker Tim Lyne to build a Triptych type shrine for it in their pavilion, only to be opened and adored at Nationals!
    Last edited by John Holland; 03-08-2018 at 10:53 AM.

Team:
    Palmetto Sharpshooters
    5795V
    Region:
    After having read this article on Knapp's secret to shooting===> MD 20/20 I'm not sure what to think.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    MD 20/20 Kiwi Lemon

ERICA O'NEIL | JULY 19, 2010 | 4:34PM

Anyone that has searched the couch cushions for a handful of change knows that boozing on an extreme budget can be a risky proposition. To help you decide how to spend that meager pile of pennies, we've scraped the bottom of the barrel to review some of the cheapest, most face-planting, getcha drunk wines on the market. This week: MD 20/20.
    MD 20/20 is a low-end fortified wine affectionately referred to as "Mad Dog." This is undoubtedly due to the fact that it is a vile and hateful wine cooler fit only for the hounds of hell, and really cheap-ass college students.
    Bottled by the 20/20 Wine Company out of New York, this concoction is the result of vintners either combining really cheap wine with wholly unnatural fruit flavors, or more likely, disposing of radioactive waste by cutting it with pure grain alcohol in order to turn a quick profit. It comes in every artificial neon color of the rainbow, but unlike its perky giggly cousin, Boone's Farm, this stuff is strictly for the big dogs. And maybe those who have thoroughly exhausted their sense of taste.
    The Vintage: MD 20/20, Kiwi Lemon, ABV 13%
    (See, swirl, sniff, sip and savor this bounty after the jump)
    Kiwi lemon MD 20/20.

Appearance: The green ooze is opaque and slightly cloudy, emitting an otherworldly glow reminiscent of nuclear waste. It looks like the aftermath of a tryst between Slimer and the Incredible Hulk, bottled by a snake oil charlatan as a cure for impotence. The color and glow alone should be enough to deter the casual drinker from consuming this, as it screams biohazard with every oozing neon molecule.

Bouquet: Like most of its bum wine brethren, MD 20/20 smells like rubbing alcohol mixed with a fruit cocktail that was left to rot in the Arizona sun. Despite the branding, no kiwi was detected in the bouquet but unidentifiable citric notes were prominent enough to obscure most of the fetid fruity bile. An interesting earthy smell like clay was also present, although the fumes may have been overpowering my nostrils by this point.

Body: Melting a couple lemon-lime popsicles in a tankard of ethanol would probably result in a less noxious beverage, or at least one without such a strong chemical flavor. After sampling this vintage, I can assure you that no kiwis or tropical fruits of any kind were harmed in the making. It tastes like dirt cheap white table wine mixed with a packet of lemon-lime Kool-aid and left to ferment until it was strong enough to burn the chemical crust off a car battery.

Finish: The finish is not unlike a mild chemical burn, coating the inside of your mouth and coursing up your nose upon swallowing like good horseradish does. It lingers on your palate as a subtle and shameful reminder, mocking, "Hey, don't be mad at the MD, you're the one that made the decision to drink this horse piss." Touche, Mad Dog. Touche.

IF

Pairs with: Any other food-like filler chock full of your daily dose of chemicals and pseudo-vitamins. Cold Chef Boyardee ravioli straight from the can and a block of dry Top Ramen being the shameful top contenders, followed closely by snack cakes that could survive a nuclear meltdown.

Lasting impressions: If nothing else, this cheap wine will put a fire in your belly and keep you warm at night. Unfortunately, that warmth is courtesy of a noxious chemical cocktail that fluoresces an eerie green and will have you mad dogging your neighbor with the evil eye more and more after each swig. Hence the street name.

Last edited by RaiderANV; 03-08-2018 at 12:10 PM.
    Never squat with yer spurs on!!!

Pat "PJ" Kelly #5795V
    Virginny & Texas
    540-878-8024

MAYNARDS RULE!! & starr's DROOL!
    Hence the rust. MAYNARDAE LAUS DEO!

Team:
    Knap's Battery, Pennsylvania Artillery
    2249v
    Region:
    Allegheny - Maryland, Pennsylvania, West Virginia and Virginia
    All written is true and the things the writer cites is what gives it that allure it always seemed to have when we were picking and singing. Damn few turned it down when the bottle made the rounds of the fire circle. We seem to have gone on the wagon and I haven't seen a bottle of the Dog in a long time. Wisdom comes with age.
    Jim Brady
    2249V
    Knap's Battery

CUM CATAPULTAE PROSCRIBEANTUR TUM SOLI PROSCRIPTI CATAPULTAS HABEANT

Team:
    Knap's Battery, Pennsylvania Artillery
    2249v
    Region:
    Allegheny - Maryland, Pennsylvania, West Virginia and Virginia
    Last Line..........Burma Shave.
    Jim Brady
    2249V