Thread: PRINT FOR SALE - Lincoln-Testing Spencer's Rifle

Region:
    Visitor

PRINT FOR SALE - Lincoln-Testing Spencer's Rifle

Hello N-SSA,

I tried to scan the entire 12" x 16" reproduction painting shown below, but portions of the original reproduction were cut off This print is available from the Illinois State Military Museum for $10.00 each. The money goes to help support the museum. If you collect such Spencer memorabilia, as I do, I think it is a good buy. The text reads. "President Abraham lincoln test firing a Spencer repeating rifle in front of the White House on August 18, 1863. What was cut off? A portion of the wooden target block and an military officer standing behind Lincoln. Chris Spencer is shown to the far right holding a magazine tube.

A better view taken with my film camera and not as clear and sharp as the original print you can buy from the museum.

I thought it would be OK ops: ops: to place this thread here and not in the N-SSA classified forum due to the historical nature of the Lincoln-Spencer print.

Two Flints

C.W. Artillery is offline Banned
    Team:
    Visitor (non-N-SSA Member)
    N/A
    Region:
    Visitor
    Quote Originally Posted by Two Flints View Post
    Hello N-SSA,

I tried to scan the entire 12" x 16" reproduction painting shown below, but portions of the original reproduction were cut off This print is available from the Illinois State Military Museum for $10.00 each. The money goes to help support the museum. If you collect such Spencer memorabilia, as I do, I think it is a good buy. The text reads. "President Abraham lincoln test firing a Spencer repeating rifle in front of the White House on August 18, 1863. What was cut off? A portion of the wooden target block and an military officer standing behind Lincoln. Chris Spencer is shown to the far right holding a magazine tube.

A better view taken with my film camera and not as clear and sharp as the original print you can buy from the museum.

I thought it would be OK to place this thread here and not in the N-SSA classified forum due to the historical nature of the Lincoln-Spencer print.

Two Flints
    31 October 2016

Extremely nice of you, Two Flints, to post this wonderful rendition of President Lincoln practicing with the Spencer repeater. I would really like to have such a print of the President holding a Maynard .50 Carbine, Second Model, rather than the Spencer. I would have one for home and one for the office, if there were ever to be such a print.

Thanks much,

Webb