Thread: ArmiSport 1862 CS Richmond Carbine-trade for ringbar carbine

1. ArmiSport 1862 CS Richmond Carbine-trade for ringbar carbine

I have a extreamely beautiful reproduction ArmiSport of Italy C.S. 1862 Richmond Carbine for sale on GunBroker.com under item number 148828564. I would be willing to trade for a shorter length ring-bar carbine for the mounted cavalry soldier as a Smith,Swivel Enfield or Confederate Sharps. Respectable trade examples only-no junkers please.
    Trooper Terry- pbypatrol@hotmail.com

Region:
    Central Virginia - Virginia and North Carolina

Richmond carbine

Is this one on the approved list?
    Fletcher Pastore
    Cockade Rifles

3. Refer to GunBroker.com

Region:
    Deep South - Georgia, Louisiana, Tennessee, Mississippi and Texas

Custom-made Richmond Carbine

I'm sorry I do not know. Has serial #'s. Do your own research please.
    Trooper Terry,

Since you’re new to this forum, what the gentleman wants to know is who built the carbine and has it been inspected and issued an approval card by the Small Arms Committee? If you will go to the N-SSA home page, and click under the Information category, there is provided a link to the N-SSA ‘Approved Arms’ list. Per the N-SSA rules governing small arms approval, the Small Arms Committee must individually approve custom-made arms for which the maker does not have production approval, and a Small Arms Committee approval card must be carried for that arm as evidence of that approval. Failure to have an approval card for a non-production-approved replica firearm will cause the disqualification of the shooter and/or the shooter’s competing company, with appropriate penalties. It is the responsibility of the skirmisher to submit any custom-built arm for which there is no production approval to the Small Arms Committee for consideration.
    First Cousin (7 times removed) to Brigadier General Stand Watie (1806-1871), CSA
    1st Cherokee Mounted Rifles | Principal Chief of the Cherokee Nation 1862-66

5. Re: Custom-made Richmond Carbine

This rifle has not beenqualified by N-SSA.You would need to do so if you wish to compete in N-SSA competition matches.

Team:
    Palmetto Sharpshooters
    5795V
    Region:
    Carolina - North Carolina and South Carolina
    terry,

In order for us to use it in the N-SSA we'd have to know in advance that it fits the requirements. All you'd need do is ask John Holland (OK or anyone other SAC member who see this) you EMAIL you the spec. sheet for the carbine you have. Then you only need a tape measure and less then 5 minutes to find out if it's even capable of getting a card for use.
    If any measurements come up a lil long that can be corrected. If they come up shorter then the allowed give or take then that'll hurt.
    Never squat with yer spurs on!!!

Pat "PJ" Kelly #5795V
    Virginny & Texas
    540-878-8024

MAYNARDS RULE!! & starr's DROOL!
    Hence the rust. MAYNARDAE LAUS DEO!

Team:
    5th Connecticut Volunteer Infantry
    10609V
    Region:
    New England - New York, Connecticut, New Jersey and Massachusetts

Richmond Carbine

The markings on top of barrel "Armi-Sport,Italy" have been removed according to info on GunBroker.com

8. Re: Richmond Carbine

Quote Originally Posted by Fire18WFD
    The markings of "Armi-Sport,Italy" have been de-farbed or removed nicely on top of barrel,all other complete manufacture markings and so on are present according to info on GunBroker.com

9. 1862 Richmond Carbine Rifle barrel length

Measuring inside length of barrel on this Richmond carbine I come up with being just shy of 25 1/8" from opening tip to bottom surface which should be acceptable for skirmishing matches.

A helpful gentleman has contacted me with N-SSA requirements on this type of rifle-carbine and it seems that all measurements and so on are within their wishes.
    Contact me for further questions or go to GunBroker.com and view all.
    Thank you,
    Trooper Terry
    pbypatrol@hotmail.com

10. Re: Custom-made Richmond Carbine

Please check out GunBroker.com item number 148828564 for details concerning this Richmond carbine.