Just a note to anyone interested: I primed the carriage last Thursday afternoon using the Sherwinn-Williams "Kem Bond HS" (HS means High Solids). This stuff is like spreading thick wood glue. I used a short nap roller on the flats and a chip brush on the wheels. Thick, thick stuff. The sheet says two day cure; don't believe it. I got home from the Cockade yesterday and though it was considerably harder than when I left on Friday afternoon I could still cut the finish with a fingernail. I was greatly concerned....

I called S-W this morning and spoke with a rep in the Metal and Marine paint products department who assured me it will cure, but it's going to take about a week. He said that since the crack down on VOC (Volitile Organic Chemicals), they and every other paint manufacturer had to change their formula and everything takes days longer to gas out and cure.

So, good news is that it will cure, bad news is that if you use this product you need to plan at least a week between priming and top coating.

Tim Lyne
Knap's Batt.
#2952V