Thread: 1853 EuroArms 3 band enfield for sale

Region:
    Tidewater - Virginia and North Carolina

1853 EuroArms 3 band enfield for sale, Link to photos included in post

Young guy I work with just got married and bought a house. Need I say more? He was a re-enactor and just wants to sell the rifle. The gun is in surprisingly good shape. I have cleaned it up and the only problems I have seen were three scratches on the stock that I have cleaned up but still show some, and the nipple itself (iron) has 3 fractured threads from firing blank powder loads with the nipple loose. The threads inside the bolster are fine. I will throw in a stainless steel spare nipple I have. Because the gun never had any lead put through it the rifling is mint. I will be posting pictures in the next few days to my photo bucket account. By the barrel proof marks it is a 2003 model Euro arms with the original front and rear sight and a white linen sling and the barrel has not been crowned. Gun looks almost new so the price will be $475 firm for it. Because I do not own the gun I do not want to ship it.

I shoot in the Tidewater region and will be at the Tuckers Shoot next weekend and the Tidewater regionals after that. If it has not sold by then we are one of the host teams for the Spring Nationals so I will have it with me there.

It also looks like 2 other re-enactors I know will be getting rid of their rifles as well. I haven't seen but 1 of those yet and it looks to be in as good as shape as the one above. The other re-enactor has 2 but I have no info other that all are 1853 3 band rifles.

For pictures go here: http://s58.photobucket.com/user/swsh...field%20musket
    Last edited by Steve Sharpe 0236; 04-21-2016 at 02:19 PM. Reason: Add photo link
    Steve Sharpe
    2nd VA. CAV
    0236V - 10TW