This is a Sharps 1859 Infantry rifle in .54Cal. It is a Black Powder only rifle and requires a percussion cap to ignite the powder. I never shot this rifle, I bought it from a shop where the owner knew the original owner of this rifle who never shot it either. I don't have the box, but this rifle is perfect, no dings, no scratches and no signs it has EVER had black powder poured into it.
Unfortunately I need cash to fund another Sharps, so I can't do a trade on this rifle. I'm asking $900. These rifles go for over $1400 new, so my loss is your gain! Let me know if there are any pics you'd like and I'll take them and either post them here or send them to you via email. I'm located in Rock Hill SC and will meet at a reasonable distance, or if you like I'll ship on your dime. We don't require a FFL in SC for this rifle, so i could ship it to your door, not sure about shipping to NC, we can cross that bridge if we come to it.
Here's the link to Pedersoli's sight and this rifle:
http://www.davide-pedersoli.com/tipo...63-sharps.html

You can contact me at:
pmalone555@yahoo.com
Phone: 803-554-2337
I'll be at the Homecoming shoot in Statesville this Friday and Saturday (13th & 14th) so, let me know if you are interested and I'll be sure to have the rifle along!!
Here are some pics!!! Thanks for looking!
mazer