Thread: f/sale- Confederate General Service Accoutrement Plates Hardcover – 1987 by Lon W Keim

Team:
    Visitor (non-N-SSA Member)
    NA
    Region:
    Visitor

f/sale- Confederate General Service Accoutrement Plates Hardcover – 1987 by Lon W Keim

For Sale:
    Confederate General Service Accoutrement Plates
    Hardcover – 1987 by Lon W Keim

Book listing; 1st Edition? Maybe. There is no record of a 2nd edition but I have read reference to a limited signed edition- this is not one of those.

This is a large book, 9" in./w, 11" in./h 1" n./thick. 379 pages all glossy.

The book is in very good condition I'd say though I am not well versed in the technical definition of these words in book collecting.
    The book's cloth cover is nearly flawless having been protected by it's dust jacket which has some wear. More on that in a moment...
    There is just a little yellowing beginning around the pages edges.

The owner signed the first page in ink- it is neither large or dark- I have included that in the photos.
    Other than that, the book is really in great shape. I do not recall any other markings and have flipped through extensively looking for any and have not found any other flaws but, have not looked at every page.

The dust cover is present but worn- still, it is largely intact. See photos. There are scratches and rub wear on the dust jacket and one tear about 1" in. long at the side and top of the spine. The cover's bottom corners show the beginning of tearing.

The book's content is thorough. This is not a book for a winter's evening reading. Neither is it for a casual dabblers in history. This is a reference book for the dedicated collector or historian who wants to get his facts straight, the relic hunter who wants to know what he just dug up or the buyer who is interested in the same information at the trade show.
    This book is filled with actual photos of relics dug or not and period photos identifying them in place, often times with the original owner wearing them. There are not many of these available out there. If the few that are available are any example by what I've seen, mine is about the cheapest one to be had.

I've describe it the best I could. Give the pictures a good going over, they will tell you more than I can. Given the proliferation of fakes and reproductions, this is an invaluable guide for the serious Confederate militaria collector.

Asking $98. + $5. shipping

A few pics, they're thumbnails, click on for larger image. I see I am limited to 4 images. I put 4 more in a reply next.

Last edited by TexReb; 07-05-2015 at 10:22 AM.

Team:
    Visitor (non-N-SSA Member)
    NA
    Region:
    Visitor
    A few more pics, they're thumbnails, click on for larger image...

, , , ,