Thread: Looking for quality repro 1803 Harper's Ferry Rifle

Team:
    149th Pennsylvania Volunteer Infantry
    Region:
    Middle Atlantic - New York, Pennsylvania and New Jersey

Looking for quality repro 1803 Harper's Ferry Rifle

To All,

Due to moving and lack of time and funds, I am looking for a repro 1803 Harper' Ferry flintlock rifle for deer hunting in Pennsylvania. I will also consider a U.S. Military Flintlock smoothbore musket (original or high quality repro).
    I only have a trade to offer. I have TWO 1817 Common Rifles that I will trade. (Yes, you get two rifles, while I get one) The first is in original flint lock configuration. It is missing most of the internal lock parts, but these could be purchased from the rifle shoppe to make it functional. The barrel is in the original .54 caliber., but heavily pitted. (If you wanted to shoot it, I would recommend a reline) The stock has been cracked, but it seems to have been repaired pretty well. The crack occurred under the bottom band. I have not done anything with the rifle (I have not had time, hence,part of my problem). It is extremely difficult to find these in the original flint lock configuration. There is still a cartouche on the stock also. It has the wrong ram rod with it.
    The second is converted to percussion. It has most of the lock parts. The hammer screw is wrong, and it is missing a sear. I may have a lead on one, and if I get it in time, I will send it along. This one is the rare contract of RD (?) Johnston, not just the Joshston contract. It also is in .54 caliber and this bore looks like it may be able to be shot. It is missing a nipple. It appears to have threads for the nipple, but they may need to be cleaned up. The stock does not appear to be cracked anywhere. The ramrod is a repro, but looks to be of good quality and is the correct style.

I would consider selling as a pair for $1300 or $700 a piece. That price would include shipping.

If you have interest, I will be more than happy to send detailed pics, just PM me and send me your email. I am posting a picture of the rifles below. Once again, thank you to a great group of people!
    With Warmest Regards,

Bryan
    Attached Images Attached Images  
    Last edited by B-Davis; 04-12-2015 at 03:39 PM.

Team:
    149th Pennsylvania Volunteer Infantry
    Region:
    Middle Atlantic - New York, Pennsylvania and New Jersey
    As of this time, the percussion model is off the market. The flint is still available.

Thank you you for Looking!

Bryan