Thread: Small arms specs...

Team:
    Old Dominion Dragoons
    Region:
    Tidewater - Virginia and North Carolina

Small arms specs...

Can anyone direct me to where I can find the approved, N-SSA specifications for an "Artillery Model", 2-band Springfield?
    Thanks,
    Charlie Gerringer
    Old Dominion Dragoons

Team:
    149th Pennsylvania Volunteer Infantry
    09575v
    Region:
    Middle Atlantic - New York, Pennsylvania and New Jersey
    Currently the sheets are not available online, the reasoning I suspect is because as the years have gone by the sheets have be reworked and tolerances and numbers have changed.

So the short answer is you need to ask a SAC Inspector to email it to you. Which I can do, just email me at JosephPlakis @ Comcast. net, obviously no spaces all one word.

Now can I ask a quick question? What is your barrel length? And are you looking to build a 1861 or 1863 Artillery Model? The Reason I ask, is if you are building a musket off of a 1861 33" barrel I would suggest building a CS Richmond Mounted Infantry Rifle, Razeed. The differences between this musket and the Artillery Model, is that the CS Richmond Mounted Infantry actually existed. The only real difference is the Stock Length and the Brass Nose Cap. Now if you are building off of a 1863 Barrel or a 32" barrel you are limited to the Artillery Model, although there is the SNWTC Model. But again it is just a suggestion, if you want to build and Artillery Model, that is okay.

So for starters let me know what barrel type and length you are using and email me and I will send you the sheets
    Joe Plakis XXVIII
    Middle-Atlantic Region
    SAC
    9575V

"Great leadership does not mean running away from reality. Sometimes the hard truths might just demoralize the company, but at other times sharing difficulties can inspire people to take action that will make the situation better." John Kotter