PDA

View Full Version : Euroarms 1861 Enfield Musketoon

yankee Reb
12-01-2014, 03:44 AM
London Armory Enfield Pattern 1861 Musketoon / .577 Caliber / Made in Italy by Euroarms / 24 Inch Barrel / In New Condition / I do not believe it has ever been loaded or fired / Rifling is shiny and there is no staining on or around the nipple / 98% original blue finish / Vivid case color on lock plate / Walnut Stock / $ 450 + Shipping / Email me if you have any Questions291029112912

hobbler
12-01-2014, 08:41 PM
Can you provide the twist rate and/or the bore diameter?
Thanks.

I found the twist...
48" twist with five groove rifling.

yankee Reb
12-02-2014, 12:46 PM
London Armory Enfield Pattern 1861 Musketoon / .58 Caliber / Made in Italy by Euroarms / 24 Inch Barrel / In New Condition / I do not believe it has ever been loaded or fired / Rifling is shiny and there is no staining on or around the nipple / 98% original blue finish / Vivid case color on lock plate / Walnut Stock / $ 450 + Shipping / Email me if you have any Questions291029112912

**** MUSKETOON IS A .58 Caliber

hobbler
12-02-2014, 06:04 PM
To explain the question, .577" - .58" caliber weapons having rifling that is designed for use with hollow based projectiles come in a variety of bore diameters, most often to the plus side when deviations occur in manufacturing. And it is not uncommon for reproduction arms to have substantially larger than .577" or even .58" bores. This becomes important in providing projectiles that are sized to best work with the actually diameter of the bore.
Hence my inquiry as to the bore diameter: I was interested in what you were selling.

yankee Reb
12-02-2014, 06:19 PM
To explain the question, .577" - .58" caliber weapons having rifling that is designed for use with hollow based projectiles come in a variety of bore diameters, most often to the plus side when deviations occur in manufacturing. And it is not uncommon for reproduction arms to have substantially larger than .577" or even .58" bores. This becomes important in providing projectiles that are sized to best work with the actually diameter of the bore.
Hence my inquiry as to the bore diameter: I was interested in what you were selling.

I have never loaded or fired this Musketoon so I no idea what size rounds to use....This sounds like a good question for Forum