PDA

View Full Version : Remington Nipple Replacement

RangerFrog
07-22-2009, 07:54 AM
It has come to my attention that the OEM nipples in my 1858 Remington repro by Pietta may be part of my accuracy problem. They do differ in appearance within the set, so I'm guessing they really aren't all they should be. :? I'm going to start a complete rework of this good looking but inconsistent revolver after Fall Nationals, so am looking for necessary parts and possible strategies now. :?:

Anyway, which of the sutlers (or other parts suppliers) is a good source for a competition grade set? Is the AMPCO brand mentioned in a recent post the kind I am looking for? Are they available for the original Pietta cylinder, or will I have to have it reamed and rethreaded? :|

TIA Green
Charlie the Frog

Jim_Burgess_2078V
07-22-2009, 12:34 PM
Charlie,

I have AMPCO nipples on my Pietta Remington. You should be able to get the correct size nipples from Dixie, S&S, or other sutlers and not have to modify the threads on your cylinder.
Jim Burgess, 15th CVI

Gary B
07-22-2009, 03:33 PM
Here is a link to where I got my last set. Makes all the difference in the world.
The possibles shop
http://possibleshop.com/s-s-nipples-cb.html
should be the top listing.
Hope this helps,
Gary B.

RangerFrog
07-22-2009, 04:18 PM
Many thanks, gentlemen! A great advantage of being part of this online community is access to the collective experience of its participants. I knew I would find what I needed from my fellow skirmishers. Thanks again to both of you. :D

Froggie