PDA

View Full Version : Wanted - Camper Repair

Scott Kurki, 12475
10-29-2014, 01:20 PM
Hello,

I am in need of someone that does camper repairs and is familiar with the N-SSA property in Winchester. Please PM or reply to this post with information. I specifically need to have 1 skylight/vent replaced, gasket around rooftop A/C unit replaced and roof sealed.

Larry Funk, 3148V
10-29-2014, 06:32 PM
Dave Williams, RV Tech. 540-533-0718. Dave has been out to the Fort many times and does excellent work.

Scott Kurki, 12475
11-11-2014, 09:50 AM
Report:

I scheduled an appointment with David to repair my camper's leaking roof. David told me up front what the charges would be. David charges a fee for a "mobile" repair meanIng to come to your site to perform the repair and an hourly rate. David estimated 1 hour or less for the repairs I described the camper would need.

David arrived on time at the barn were we agreed to meet. We headed over to my camp site. David pulled out a ladder and proceeded to perform an inspection to address my concerns. As my concerns were accurate, David basically confirmed his initial estimate.

The work needed was to remove and replace the roof top AC unit that had been damaged by a tree that fell on the camper. I opted to replace the AC unit with a standard roof vent. When David pulled the AC unit off, the first leak site was obvious. The tree strike had pressed a corner of the AC unit into the roof causing a puncture. The puncture was patched and the vent installed. Next up was to replace the bathroom vent which was also damaged by the tree. Again no surprises here. As David had time left on the hour labor charge, he then inspected other suspect site that were in need of attention. David also provided some advise for future maintenance. Job well done, on time and well within the estimate.

Bottom line is that I could not be happier. I do recommend David very highly.

Here are some hints to being satisfied:

1. Be honest in you assessment of the scope of the work needed. Accuracy in estimating the job scope is the key.
2. Ask some basic questions like is there a charge for site visit and what is that charge.
3. Ask what the hourly rate is or if you can negociate other terms.
4. Plan on alternate arrangements for weather.

C.W. Artillery
05-15-2017, 06:47 AM
Report:

Here are some hints to being satisfied:

1. Be honest in you assessment of the scope of the work needed. Accuracy in estimating the job scope is the key.
2. Ask some basic questions like is there a charge for site visit and what is that charge.
3. Ask what the hourly rate is or if you can negociate other terms.
4. Plan on alternate arrangements for weather.

15 May 2017 ---

Scott, I am impressed with your above four points which you have passed along to your fellow N-SSA members. I would particularly like to "second" your number one "hint to being satisfied" which states "be honest".

As you may recall, President Abraham Lincoln was know as "Honest Abe" based on his history of treating everyone whom he came in contact with honestly. My point this morning is, if a person wants to be successful in life, he or she must first be honest is all regards, and without exception, when dealing with others.

Regards,

Webb