PDA

View Full Version : Period Correct Items for Sale Only?

Greg Ogdan 110th OVI
10-23-2014, 05:26 PM
I'm not trying to ruffle anyone's feathers, but I was the understanding that this area was for the sale of Civil War related items only. Am I mistaken please?

Greg Ogdan

RaiderANV
10-23-2014, 09:14 PM
I remember it being g War of Northern Aggression period arms only in the beginning. .....then trapdoor showed from time to time and a rolling block or two.

At some point it disappeared from the rules maybe ten-twelve years ago if I recall correctly.

Myself as long as the focus is 95% period arms.....whats the harm in picking up a good deal between skirmishers???

jonk
10-23-2014, 10:27 PM
Well... if I had a modern gun to sell or other modern gear... I'd probably sell it elsewhere. If I knew a fellow skirmisher was interested, that would be one thing and I'd give him a good price. Otherwise I will post it in the appropriate board or on gunbroker or something.

I don't have an issue with people selling ARs and M1s and such here, but if it is in fact a rule... where does one draw the line? What about campers? We use them for skirmishing, but they are hardly period.

Phil Spaugy, 3475V
10-24-2014, 07:51 AM
A policy that will set the parameters of what will be allowed to be adverised and sold on the this Bulletin Board will be finalized at the January BOD meeting. Look for to mirror what our rules are for selling firearms are for Sutlers Row.....pre-1898.

pittguy12
10-24-2014, 12:46 PM
As the most recent violator, could I request the BOD considers adding a separate area for post-1898 era items? I do understand the intention of the pre-1898 stipulation, but on the other hand I also have a great deal of trust for my fellow skirmishers. While there are many different outlets for selling firearms, I can't think of many where I can have the same level of assurance buying/selling as I do here. I personally enjoy the confidence of knowing the persons I am dealing with are, for the most part, responsible folks who are likely to stand behind their transactions and products. For those of us who don't belong to any other shooting or shooting-like organizations, having the connection to such a group is very valued.

Just my thoughts. Like Pat, if I can get/give a good deal to a fellow skirmisher, I'm all for it.

Phil Spaugy, 3475V
10-24-2014, 05:37 PM
Mike,

Get you views to your regional commander before the January meeting.

And you are not a violator, as at this time there is no policy.

bobanderson
10-24-2014, 06:37 PM
What's next, N-SSA members only?

I, for one, like a buying and selling format where we all sort of know each other and can interact in a somewhat secure area.
As long as the transactions are lawful, who cares if it is a Civil War firearm or "a-cooterment"?

pittguy12
10-27-2014, 08:11 AM
Thanks, Phil. I will.

MR. GADGET
10-27-2014, 09:34 AM
I'm not trying to ruffle anyone's feathers, but I was the understanding that this area was for the sale of Civil War related items only. Am I mistaken please?

Greg Ogdan

So.....

if we stick to it. We shouldn't have any campers, only civil war type tents.

It is a fine line we walk here on getting new members vs running them off..

I think there is nothing wrong with selling gear and items as long as legal.
It all ties to our sport of shooting and the last theig we want to do is shoot ourselves in the foot going overboard on it.

RaiderANV
10-27-2014, 11:35 AM
Maybe we should look at a new forum called "Everything Else" at the very bottom of the list and everything else would go there for sale, trade and wanting to buy???

Maillemaker
10-27-2014, 11:52 AM
Maybe we should look at a new forum called "Everything Else" at the very bottom of the list and everything else would go there for sale, trade and wanting to buy???

Barring an "anything goes" policy in the current for sale forum, this is the easiest solution.

Just set up a separate for sale forum for non-CW-related items.

Steve