PDA

View Full Version : WTB - Confederate shell jacket

pittguy12
10-06-2014, 10:40 AM
Looking for a gently used confederate infantry shell jacket. I typically wear an XL shirt so if you have one that might be close, we can compare actual measurements if needed.

Rob FreemanWBR
10-06-2014, 11:11 AM
Check with Mark Elton - 1st Stuart Horse

Mark.alaska@verizon.net

He has lots of various uniform items in stock, if not he can certainly make an XL jacket.

He made me a sack coat (although it's dark blue) it's MUCH, MUCH better than what you'd get from ANY of the sutlers!!

Now's the time to check/order the winter is when he gets to his orders.

pittguy12
10-06-2014, 11:19 AM
Bob -

Mark's work is exquisite. He made kepi's for several on our team and they are great - I have received several compliments from people on the line about mine!

For this though, I'd like to wear it at a memorial service my team is doing at the end of the month for a member who has recently passed so I need it on relatively short notice. And I'd also like something much cheaper even if it's not the best quality. Before I order a cheap one from a reenacting supplier though, I wanted to see if there was a good deal out there on a used one.

Appreciate it though.

RaiderANV
10-06-2014, 05:20 PM
Mike.......what size suit jacket do you wear? I may ha e one to fit you and you can just borrow it......or buy if yoh feel the need to keep it for something else.

RangerFrog
10-06-2014, 06:01 PM
Mike,

I've got a size 48 shell jacket (that is the little short one, right?) hanging in my camper @ Ft Shenandoah. I'll be back there for the Dulany Skirmish in two weeks if you still need one. Mine has only been worn a few times then I bought a sack coat that I prefer as I'm a little long waisted and felt a draft! Send a PM or see me @ the fort if still in need... I'll be @ the 1st Valley Rangers site from Thursday afternoon on.

Froggie

tmont
10-10-2014, 06:33 PM
Mike: I have a size 46 shell jacket almost brand new sitting in my closet. Jacket is grey with dark blue piping. Will make you a good price ($75) if you are interested. Can send photos. Tom